Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

American TV shows in India

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by SS4EVA » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:02 am

It is so weird when the american tv shows dubbed in hindi. The translation makes no sense whatsoever. I was watching The Nanny on one of the hindi channel in hyderabad, and it was so boring, it was not making any sense at all. What do you guys think of dubing english shows into hindi?
SS4EVA

by activator » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:22 pm

national geographic chaneel is really good no boring
activator

by tarun » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:10 am

yep, even i too hate watching them in hindi.the real touch is lost when they dub it.but since the major segment is th house wives , they had to do this.
tarun

by raghu » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:12 am

have you ever heard our political leaders giving speech in english? wtahicng english shows in hindi is exactly the same.its a torture.i have stopped watching them long back.
raghu

by Taboo » Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:16 pm

I guess large mass of the viewers watching English channels get nothing into their head coz the dialogues fly zzooommm over their heads - they watch for actions and to have some ....glimpses. Dubbing in hindi will atleast ensure that they laugh /cry at the right time.
Taboo

by hiall » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:46 pm

lol....taboo
hiall

Re: American TV shows in India

by Check out Big CBS Prime! » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey guys!
If you're looking for a channel that features your favourite American sitcoms in English and with a time lag of just 4 or 5 days, Big CBS is the answer!
It's the latest import to Indian television from American, and what a great one at that! Latest episodes of CSI, Blue Bloods, Bellator etc are being aired on the channel as we speak. And that's not all. I've heard they will shorten that time lag to just 24 hours! Isn't that absolutely amazing?? :)
Soon enough, they'll bring How I Met Your Mother and Gossip Girl to India!
Downloading and watching those ancient reruns will soon be a thing of the past, if this channel delivers on its promises.
Do check it out! I'm glued to CSI already. :)
Check out Big CBS Prime!

by Felixs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Watching American shows in Hindi might be boring but if the editing will be professionally done it won't make you bore.
These days many shows are being copied in India. One example of which is minute to win.
Felixs

by Isabel » Thu May 19, 2011 2:30 pm

banginbeats wrote:You have to watch Outsourced. It's still funny even when they dub it.

Outsourced is a hilarious show, I watched it coouple of times when I made it to the TV!
Isabel

by seanx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:41 pm

My favorite tv show is big bang theory...
seanx

by Lola3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah I find that how well it is translated and dubbed varies pretty dramatically. I still like watching most dubbed shows though. It does take away a lot of the emotions of the characters in the TV shows but I got used to it over time. It's better than nothing.
Lola3

by Lola3 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am

Also though, I try to watch them both ways so I can see how good the translation is. Plus it keeps me sharp in both languages. I think TV is a great way to learn or stay on top of languages. It's also great entertainment. I'm looking to change my Tv package for these reasons. Does anybody know if dish tv is offered in the area?
Lola3

by siddhant » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:30 am

exactly...if the dubbing is good it makes the shows wonderful while if dubbing is not good it make it worst..
siddhant

Return to Special Interest Groups