Thursday, 9 May 2024 »  Login
in

Can we get a bit more interesting

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Boredinlife.com » Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:30 am

I am still waiting to meet one person in Hyderabad who is well read and can talk about books in an interesting manner...Any more of such species left, please?
Boredinlife.com

by hina » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:30 am

I think that those species are extinct now.
hina

by jethro » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:30 am

books and intelligence.......two things that are alien to the hyderabadi........anyway good to know that there is someone else interested in books as well....what are u into pal......
jethro

by Trisha Dutta » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:30 am

...bookworms have not become extinct...!probably it is just their desire to slip into oblivion...\'coz they instead find refuge in the books they read.....but then Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too self-ful to seek other
than itself.
Trisha Dutta

by Twilight1947 » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:30 am

\" Boredinlife\", r u sure you\'ve been looking in Hyd? Being a Hyderabadi, I\'ve met many fellow Hydeeees who are voracious readers...Maybe you\'ve been looking in all the wrong places....Hope u meet the right kinds in the future.......
Twilight1947

by Twilight1947 » Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:30 am

.......Oh and btw Jethro keep your half-baked statements on Hyderabadis to yourself........Call me a true Hyderabadi at heart but we can do without your misplaced judgement.....
Twilight1947

by jethrothetull » Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:30 am

O Midnight\'s Child......that wasnt a half baked sentiment but a well considered opinion given after an year\'s observation on the intelligence of my fellow hyderabadis..... for a guy whose main interests lie in quizzing,music and books, its pretty unfortunate how dreary life in hyderabad is......maybe u know some places where i might find ppl with the same passions......if u do please do inform me abt some of these clubs
jethrothetull

by amit verma » Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:30 am

YOCS (young orators\' club) that meets every friday or saturday at YMCA Secunderabad, K-Circle (a quizzing group) that meets every saturday at the same place... then, I saw a couple of boards about a writing workshop and a creative club right on this site...
amit verma

by Rubina » Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:30 am

Dear boredin, Would love to meet with u and discuss books. Like u i am an avid reader. Do write back and tell me more about yourself.
Rubina

by Trisha Dutta » Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:30 am

....Why are we wasting time discussing about the validity of the existence of hyderabadi readers....?...there are some....and there aren\'t many....what is life without variety anyway...?...so dear boredinlife,....and the rest.....let\'s talk sense.....
Trisha Dutta

by Twilight1947 » Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:30 am

Amit\'s got his facts slightly mixed up. YOCS meets on Saturday at 6.30 pm at YMCA Sec-bad, and if you are a hardcore quizz-buff then K-Circle is the place to be. They meet at the same place every Friday at 6.30 pm.
Twilight1947

by Sap » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:30 am

Hi there,

I wudn\'t call myself a voracious reader, but I do enjoy reading a lot. I recently managed to read Fountainhead (finally!!) and got really inspired by it! One book I wud like to recommend to you all is \"Tuesdays with Morrie\"... its a fantastic book.
I am not much into author names, etc., if I like the book, I go ahead and read it. Feel free to recommend good books to me..
Sap

by badcash » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:41 pm

man..you people are such a bunch of hippocrites...splattering the bloody message board with shit you don\'t even understand and shit you don\'t even know. whoever this bored person is has been bored another notch because she hasn\'t replied to single one of your pathetic messages...get a life people and on that note i swear never to visit such shitty discussions. peace
badcash

Return to Special Interest Groups