Friday, 19 April 2024 »  Login
in

Looking for a .... club

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Looking for a .... club

by mark » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:25 am

OK, i thought it'd be cool to start a generic Clubs thread, cos:

1. I need to know where some clubs are.

2. I want to test the new antispam rules:)

So if anyone wants info on sports clubs/games clubs/etc. in Hyderabad, they need look no further. (The sports clubs section on the main page contains no entries.)

OK, I want to know if there's a rugby club in Hyderabad. I know there was one in Chennai last time i was there, however i have a feeling i'll be disappointed here.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Re: Looking for a .... club

by DQ » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:34 am

mark wrote:OK, i thought it'd be cool to start a generic Clubs thread, cos:

So if anyone wants info on sports clubs/games clubs/etc. in Hyderabad, they need look no further. (The sports clubs section on the main page contains no entries.)

OK, I want to know if there's a rugby club in Hyderabad. I know there was one in Chennai last time i was there, however i have a feeling i'll be disappointed here.

There is one in Tarnaka. Donno where. Can some one from the Moula Ali/ Tarnaka side help Mark
Tu jo sachchi hai larazti kyun hai aye zaban bol de darti kyun hai

qalb men khowfe khuda hai tere phir zuban sach se jhijhakti kyun hai

http://kaamwali.fullhydblogs.com
DQ
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Re: Looking for a .... club

by lizard'wallaby'king » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:08 pm

mark wrote:OK, i thought it'd be cool to start a generic Clubs thread, cos:

I dont know about question 1, but aanswer to Q 2 is that it is a failure. and this is the evidence.

Since u have mentioned rugby here, how about a game of touch some time in the 3rd or 4th week of march. i ll get a ball along. I dont think i am ready for a full contact game of rugby as yet.(unless we are playing the chicks on the opposite side)
The ultimate
lizard'wallaby'king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by mark » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:31 pm

bump!
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by mark » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:29 pm

thanks for the info DQ, will look into that.

other than this, is there anywhere in Hyd with pitches for soccer/field sports other than cricket? I'm thinking of setting up a club for rugby. (a cricket pitch won't do it'd be destroyed)
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by lizard king » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:51 pm

mark wrote:thanks for the info DQ, will look into that.

other than this, is there anywhere in Hyd with pitches for soccer/field sports other than cricket? I'm thinking of setting up a club for rugby. (a cricket pitch won't do it'd be destroyed)

there are a few too many man....but i am not really sure u d get the goal posts for rugby in hyd though. anyway.... with any cricket pitch... u can make it a celtic football ground, and then we might actually end up playing international rules...(though i dont really liike or understand aussie/international rules)

other wise, there are a few too many schools with great grounds, Bharitiya Viday bhavan in jublee hills, hyderabad Public school in begumpet, All saints high in gunfoundry, Nizam college grounds, Osmania university campus, just to name a few.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by mark » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:53 pm

lizard king wrote:
mark wrote:thanks for the info DQ, will look into that.

there are a few too many man....but i am not really sure u d get the goal posts for rugby in hyd though. anyway.... with any cricket pitch... u can make it a celtic football ground, and then we might actually end up playing international rules...(though i dont really liike or understand aussie/international rules)
other wise, there are a few too many schools with great grounds, Bharitiya Viday bhavan in jublee hills, hyderabad Public school in begumpet, All saints high in gunfoundry, Nizam college grounds, Osmania university campus, just to name a few.

any idea how much it'd be to hire a pitch for 2 hours on a sunday morning? i'm not going to worry about the posts for now, a soccer pitch'd do fine.
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by lizard king » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:57 pm

i am not very sure how much it would cost, but it would be really hard to find greens in any grounds in hyd. unless u are talking about high end cricket grounds. and i am sure they ll be fully booked out on the sundays, and i am not sure if u dont wanna train or play rugby on gravel.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by lizard king » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:59 pm

well, u can always look forward towards the local council parks for the greens, and u dont really have to pay much... or u might consider using any of the public parks.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by The Jackal » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:38 pm

Well most grounds are booked by cricket players.And Parade Ground will be packed.And I dont think you need to book a pitch in BVBPS/JHPS.Just go there and play then later tip the watchman. :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:59 pm

u can try playing at Sanjeeviah Park at the sec'bad end of Necklace road. It has big green lawns.

...or if u have connections, try the ICRISAT campus near BHEL. they have beautiful grounds and with all the expats staying there, i am sure there wud be a Rugby club/team.
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by The Jackal » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:54 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:u can try playing at Sanjeeviah Park at the sec'bad end of Necklace road. It has big green lawns.

...or if u have connections, try the ICRISAT campus near BHEL. they have beautiful grounds and with all the expats staying there, i am sure there wud be a Rugby club/team.
I dont think there is a pitch for football or rugby.I definetly didnt see anything when I was there. :? :? :? :? But they do have some nice frounds,but I dont think you can play out there.I went for hunting,it was awesome. :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:12 pm

The Jackal wrote:I dont think there is a pitch for football or rugby.I definetly didnt see anything when I was there. :? :? :? :? But they do have some nice frounds,but I dont think you can play out there.I went for hunting,it was awesome. :D
any ground with grass is enuf for Rugby i suppose :D and ICRISAT has enuf of that! they do allow ppl to use their grounds with permission. my ex-company did...we had cricket matches at ICRISAT grounds!
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Sharjeel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:58 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:any ground with grass is enuf for Rugby i suppose :D and ICRISAT has enuf of that! they do allow ppl to use their grounds with permission. my ex-company did...we had cricket matches at ICRISAT grounds!
Right!

If you'd be in Nagpur, there would have been no problems. Our Karate dojo plays rugby (or beat-the-guy/girl-with-the-ball) every sat/rainy day.
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Jaszlacatraz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:19 pm

The closest u can get to a sports club in hyd is playing in Sanjeeviah or INdira park...we can defly do that if we find enough ppl.....i know a small team and can get em along with promises of weed. :lol:
Jaszlacatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Jaszalcatraz » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:05 am

Bump to top..........its a nice idea....hate to see it die out.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Sharjeel » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:38 pm

Re-bump!

Come on yon people!
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by san » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:01 pm

Rugby grounds don't have to be grassy. It would be ruined! Mark goodluck & do let me know when the games are on :)
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by lizard king » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:04 am

san wrote:Rugby grounds don't have to be grassy. It would be ruined! Mark goodluck & do let me know when the games are on :)

what?

rugby grounds dont haave to be grassy¿¿? i think u are the first person with this opinion, but again if u come up with some innovation like, fabrics that provide full body cushioning to the players, then maybe.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by san » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:41 pm

lizard king wrote:
san wrote:Rugby grounds don't have to be grassy. It would be ruined! Mark goodluck & do let me know when the games are on :)

what?
rugby grounds dont haave to be grassy¿¿? i think u are the first person with this opinion, but again if u come up with some innovation like, fabrics that provide full body cushioning to the players, then maybe.

Actually what I meant was, rugby being such a rough n tough game...
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Return to Special Interest Groups