Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Habibs Hair Salon

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Habibs Hair Salon

by Shama » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 am

Hi,

Anyone know where Habibs Hair Salons are located in Hyderabad?

Any opinions on the salons themselves?
Shama

by Betty » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:21 am

There's one in shoppers stop, 1st floor and the other one on Banjara hills road no.1.

The salons, as expected, are expensive (Rs 400/- for a ladies haircut and 300/- for men with 20% off for shoppers stop or corporate card holders, some 4-5 months ago), but personally I have found them good on the quality of service provided. After all, when you pay more, you can always demand a little extra. :)
Betty
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Tom cruise » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:27 am

I remember seeing one on Banjara Hills Road No. 1 near Midways bakery though I am not sure about it!!!
Tom cruise

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:51 am

Betty wrote:... 300/- for men...
:shock: :shock: i get my hair cut for 25/- + 15/- for a head massage occassionally
Betty wrote:...After all, when you pay more, you can always demand a little extra. :)
what extra can i get for 300/-...? wud they use golden scissors and an ivory comb on my hair?
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Betty » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:00 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Betty wrote:... 300/- for men...
:shock: :shock: i get my hair cut for 25/- + 15/- for a head massage occassionally
Betty wrote:...After all, when you pay more, you can always demand a little extra. :)
what extra can i get for 300/-...? wud they use golden scissors and an ivory comb on my hair?

CAD, I was talking of a ladies' haircut :lol: , which comes to 150/- in any beauty parlour and with a shampoo it will be around 200-250. Here, with discount, it comes to around 300/- which includes shampooing, cutting, setting, head massage etc. And you can go for a drastically different cut than the one you already had, and they usually know their job well, so they won't end up messing your looks.
Betty
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:03 pm

Betty wrote:CAD, I was talking of a ladies' haircut :lol: , which comes to 150/- in any beauty parlour
:shock: oh my! we gents are luckier are what....:D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by KK » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:06 pm

Betty wrote:There's one in shoppers stop, 1st floor and the other one on Banjara hills road no.1.

The salons, as expected, are expensive (Rs 400/- for a ladies haircut and 300/- for men with 20% off for shoppers stop or corporate card holders, some 4-5 months ago), but personally I have found them good on the quality of service provided. After all, when you pay more, you can always demand a little extra. :)

holy cow? cutting hair or cutting pockets? :shock:
KK

by Tom Cruise » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:14 pm

I am spending 50 Rupees on haircut???? Where can I get a hair cut in 15 rupees?? I want to save money man...

Quote of the day:

"Umre daraz mangkar laye the char din...

Do coding me kat gaye, do unit testing me"
Tom Cruise

by ycr007 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:52 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Betty wrote:CAD, I was talking of a ladies' haircut :lol: , which comes to 150/- in any beauty parlour
:shock: oh my! we gents are luckier are what....:D

I Guess so.... :o

In a 'Decent' A/C Saloon in Bangalore,I had to shell out 100 Bucks for Shave+Haircut.

But here in Hyd,I've Never faced chargeds of More than 30 Bucks!!!

Even in A/C Saloons 8)
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by akhilis2cool » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:23 pm

Apun bhi kabhi 30 rs. se zyada nahi diya hair cut ke liye...400 to bahut doooooor ki baat hai :lol:
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

Beware of Habib's staff

by LR » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:14 pm

I would like to tell you all that I had a very bad experience at Habib's which is located in Banjara Hills close to Ohri's Banjara restaurant.

A woman called Mona attended to me and she was the most inconsiderate person I ever met. She completely ignored my requests to comply with my likings and just went ahead and gave me the most terrible haircut of a lifetime. I had to travel abroad very soon and my entire trip was spoiled because I was just not comfortable with the mess Mona had created.

I was so put off and even mailed Javed Habib who owns the saloons but there has been no reply/apology of any sort.

This could be a one in a dozen cases but I would never recommend Habib's at all to anybody.

I had once been to Sachin at Cutting Edge and he's truly excellent. Since he's left Cutting Edge now, I haven't been to locate him. If anyone of you know, pl do let me know on this forum. I'd be very greatful!
LR

by lizardking » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:39 am

I hate barbers and dentists!
The ultimate
lizardking
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:15 am

srinivas at Showmen's Hair Dressers, karkhana rocks!
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Re: Beware of Habib's staff

by Shama » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:04 pm

LR wrote:I had once been to Sachin at Cutting Edge and he's truly excellent. Since he's left Cutting Edge now,

Are there any other very good hair salons for women in Hyderabad city?

Are the others in Cutting Edge not so good?

I am ready to spend upto 500Rs if the cut is really good.
Shama

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:13 pm

Shama wrote:
LR wrote:I had once been to Sachin at Cutting Edge and he's truly excellent. Since he's left Cutting Edge now,

try any of the VLCC franchises...i think they cost abt 200-250, and they are supposed to be good.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Red Combat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:27 pm

I feel like changing my profession.
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Long gone HP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:34 pm

I pay 40 bucks for a haircut and head massage, which sometimes even extends to the shoulders and back if the nayee is in a mood. The massage rocks.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Long gone HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by black wizard » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:37 am

Somebody I know went to Cutting Edge. He was charged 450 bucks for a haircut. Robbery! My barber gives me a better haircut for 50 bucks. Sirf naam hai, Cutting Edge, thats all. Call them hair stylists or barbers... hajjaams will always be hajjaams :lol:
I ran into my ex-girlfriend the other day... I backed up and ran into her again... I miss her sometimes...
black wizard
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Who Needs HAIR CUT ... !?!

by HH » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:02 pm

Who Needs HAIR CUT ... :o :shock: Ladies Grow Graceful Hair ... NO CUT, For Ladies 8) ... Gents Lose Hair On Seeing The Ladies ... Hence, NO CUT, For Gents, Too :!: :wink: :P ... But Still Barbers Mint Money ... They Too Don't Ever Cut ... They Only HAIRDRESS, ie "Hair Remains AS IS WHAT IS " :D :lol: ... Akhil Pays 30 ... BW Pays 50 ... The President Pays 500 +! :roll: :evil:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Maybe BW Can Use SCISSORS' Music In His Band

by HH » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:27 pm

black wizard wrote:Somebody I know went to Cutting Edge. He was charged 450 bucks for a haircut*****. Robbery! ... :lol:

... *****HAIR CUT ... Several Years Ago ... In A Barber Shop Opposite IIT Bombay Gate (Vikhroli Side) ... I Was Made To "Listen" To "Scissors" Music For 45 Minutes ... & Hair Not Cut ... :o :shock: ... Maybe BW Can Use SCISSORS' Music In His Band :wink: :P... The President Pays 500 +! To Keep The Looks / Locks ... :roll: :evil:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Maybe BW Can Use SCISSORS' Music In His Band

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:18 am

HH wrote:...The President Pays 500 +! To Keep The Looks / Locks ... :roll: :evil:[/i]
that reminds me...didnt Sallu copy Abdul Kalam's hairdo in Tere Naam? :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

HOCA ... "Haircut On Country's Account" / "Ha

by HH » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:52 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
HH wrote:...The President Pays***** 500 +! To Keep The Looks / Locks ... :roll: :evil:[/i]
that reminds me...didnt Sallu ***** copy Abdul Kalam's hairdo ***** in Tere Naam? :D

In Companies ... We have LOCA ... "Lunch On Company Account" ... Here, Also, Likewise We May Say ***** HOCA ... "Haircut On Cinegoers' Account" / "Haircut On Country's Account" ... :wink: :P
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Women Make The Cut ... Tirupati Temple's New Barbers

by HH » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:32 pm

USA : Almost half of today's 220,000 barbers are women.

Women Make The Cut

WASHINGTON — Vera Winfield was a woman ahead of her time.

A barber for almost 20 years now, she joined the once almost all-male profession when aging barbers were leaving their chairs in record numbers and few young men were stepping up to replace them.

The ranks were dwindling at, well, a good clip.

Competition from chains contributed. Plus, styling salons were becoming more unisex, offering men services beyond just "a little off the top."

Today there are 220,000 barbers nationwide — up from the 1980s, but still a small fraction of all hair cutters — and almost half of them are women, says Charles Kirkpatrick of the National Association of Barber Boards.

And the trend toward female barbers shows no sign of stopping. Young boys getting their beginning-of-summer brushcuts are just as likely to sit down with a Michelle as a Mike.

"I went into it because I enjoy providing a service. I enjoy the art of cutting hair. And I realized I was good at it," says Winfield, who owns her own shop, Vera's Full Service Barber Salon, in the Petworth neighborhood here. "And men are not as demanding as females may tend to be. But that's not to say men can't be particular."

They just get in and out quicker. ...

Visit:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/ ... bers_x.htm

Tirupati Temple's New Barbers

Around 100 women from Andhra Pradesh (AP) will break away from tradition in the Tirumala Tirupati Balaji temple - one of India's most conservative (and perhaps richest) temples - when they start tonsuring women devotees by end-May, 2005. The women barbers will sit in the `kalyanakatta' - an enclosure inside the temple where tonsuring is carried out - wielding razors to assist women devotees wanting to offer their hair to Sri Venkateshwara, the presiding deity of the temple.

# Women devotees who come to Tirupati to tonsure their hair - there are around 4,000 out of the 50,000 who visit the temple every day - had been demanding female barbers for a long time. Women devotees felt uncomfortable sitting close to male barbers. The male barbers, around 400 of them, have been appointed by the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) board, which runs the temple. Some women even complained that male barbers touched them (sometimes in the face) or misbehaved with them while shaving their hair off.

"Hearing such complaints, I thought why not have women barbers. After all, women are in every field today," says K Radha Devi, President of the Rashtra Mahila Kshuraka Sangham (RMKS) or AP Women Tonsurers Association. ...

Visit:
http://www.boloji.com/wfs3/wfs384.htm
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by kk » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:38 am

Shama wrote:

500Rs :o I shall change my profession and be a barber myself :lol:
kk

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:15 am

kk wrote:
Shama wrote:I am ready to spend upto 500Rs if the cut is really good.
500Rs :o I shall change my profession and be a barber myself :lol:
women dont go to 'barbers' who cut hair for 25/-, they go to 'hair stylists' who charge 250/- for the same job...:lol:
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Next         

Return to Special Interest Groups