Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Top 5 best telugu films of all time

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Reality » Tue May 09, 2006 3:09 am

soulcurry wrote:I dont understand (not surprised though !) seeing Tagore in a couple of top 5 lists. I thought it was a load of trash..phony and amateurish.. I once asked a friend who rates Tagore as one of the top 3 telugu films of all times the reasons for his choice and other than chirus dances he points me to the scene where chiru reels out a long list of stats and data pertaining to the state of A.P. That according to him is a stroke of genius.

Huh.. Is that what great cinema is all about?

I agree with you SOULCURRY, whenever we talk to people and good indians movies all we get are movies which are blockbuster super hits which sadly are nothing but masala movies.

In my view a good movie is that which captures the essence of what it wants to convey in a few scences and the rest of movie ablely supports those few scences.

And performances define a movie, not dances and fights. I dont know if we will ever understand that as a collective audience.

If someone says, Matrix is a great movie what most people India relate to is the stunts in the movie. But the greatness of Matrix is more about the philosophy behind the movie. Rarely anyone understands that.

Therefore we will have movies like "Indra" being big hits where as "Rudraveena" languishes as a flop.
"REALITY IS THAT WHICH, WHEN YOU STOP BELIEVING IN IT,DOESN'T GO AWAY."-PHILIP K._.
Reality
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Tue May 09, 2006 10:14 am

if u read a few of the earlier posts, u can see that the poll was for top "masala" films too.

btw, for me a "good" film is one which makes me feel that my money has been spent well. it has to be "paisa vasool" - either with lots of masala or a truely differnt and interesting storyline/direction etc.

i know its sad that certain good films with a great story, performances, script, direction etc falters at the box office, but just coz a film flops doesnt mean that its a bad film
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by fl » Wed May 10, 2006 5:20 am

1. Money

2. Shiva

3. Gitanjali

4. Gaayam

5. Aapath Bandhuvudu
I'm not in favour of Senseless Windows Bashing.
However,I'm all for Bashing Windows Senseless.
fl
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Top 5 Movies

by Great Indian » Wed May 10, 2006 3:58 pm

:lol:

1. Nuvvu Naaku Nachchav

2. Tagore

3. Shiva

4. Basha

5. Jamba Lakidi Pamba
Great Indian

Re: Top 5 Movies

by Aishwarya » Thu May 11, 2006 12:52 am

Great Indian wrote::lol:
1. Nuvvu Naaku Nachchav
2. Tagore
3. Shiva
4. Basha
5. Jamba Lakidi Pamba

Again another Nuvvu Naaku Nachcav Fan!!!!!
Aishwarya

My list

by Gopal » Sat May 13, 2006 11:21 am

Here goes my list

1.Nuvvu naaku nachav.

A colorful movie form top to bottom

2.Chirunavvutooo

A moive which makes us to look life in a positive way with a nice comidy tracks.

3.Pelli pustakam

My favorite Rajendraprasad in a all time classic by bapu. I love this play

4.Chandramukhi

Woow what a movie..... :-)

5.AA okkatee adakku

My favorite strikes again, its rajendra prasad at his best.
Gopal

Look at my taste

by VJ » Sat May 13, 2006 3:27 pm

Some of my favourites oldies/middle aged movies.

1) Swathimutyam

2) Swayamkrushi

3)Aakali Rajyam

4)Abhinandana

5)Sagara Sangamam

6) Sirivennela

7) Swarnakamalam

8)Geetanjali

9)Thoorpu Sindhooram

10) Srutilayalu

11) Swathikiranam

I don't want to rate any of these. I liked all of these. Thats all I have in my mind now.

@VJ
VJ

by Portuguese Man-Of-War » Sat May 13, 2006 6:02 pm

In no order:

1. Missamma

Featuring amongst the finest sreenplays written for a Telugu film. There isn't a single romantic dialogue between NTR and Savitri, yet the chemistry builds so beautifully.

Plus, Missamma was a great comedy. Some truly hilarious comic segments:

a. "Meeku Meere, Maaku Meme" where Savitri tries teaching ANR classical singing. Gets better when NTR wants to be a member of the audience and ANR is scared to death.

b. Relangi and his "thailam" were awesome, especially the part where he starts off with "Nootiki padi paallu panthulugare manchivaaru" and rips off both ANR and Jamuna.

c. NTR all through! Like, in the "Raavoyi Chandamama" song where he is confused about why his voice suddenly turned feminine.

2. Shiva

There are movies that define genres. For Telugu, this was the last one yet (the previous one being Aha Naa Pellanta).

This one enters my list for its repeat value - you can watch Shiva any number of times. It taught Tollywood the virtues of technical slickness and editing, it made a director a household name for the first (and only) time in AP, and it saved Nagarjuna from forever being a B and C center hero and put him on the radar screen of the urban youth.

3. Rudra Veena

The "Nenu Saitam" movie.

If they had handled the beating up goons part at the toddy compound better, this would have been as inspiring as a film could get. That was the only thing about this one that every ordinary man cannot do. Otherwise, this was our own Swades, long before Swades happened. This was the power of Nenu Saitam.

I think Chiranjeevi is one of the finest actors AP has produced. It saddens me when I see people on assorted Telugu forums taking sides based on the castes of actors. Despite the lines their own idols spout on screen, including, spectacularly, in this one.

4. Swati Mutyam

"Anda danda undaalani Kodanda Ramuni nammukunte

Gunde leni manishalle ninu konda konalakodilesaada"

It turned out that God didn't leave her for the hills and valleys, after all.

It is to K Vishwanath's credit that he made the most unlikely of hits in Telugu. Movies completely non-mass, highly esoteric themes, and a 90% strike rate at the BO. I believe he has the highest success rate of any Telugu director.

I watched Swati Mutyam when I was about 13. I did not understand much of it, but I remember I was still in tears at the end when Kamal Haasan finally died.

I do not think I understand several of K Vishwanath's films fully still. Each time I see some of them again, I gain a new perspective. Perhaps some part of the reason for that is that when I first saw them, I was too young and immature for the themes, and now I can't see them with a fresh mind.

If ever there was someone who deserved the Dadasaheb Phalke, it is Vishwanath - he made beautiful art films that were huge commercial hits. Wonder when the government will wake up.

5. Nuvvu Naaku Nachchav

I became a fan of Venkatesh with this film, which for me is a big deal since I never thought I could be a fan of any actor - I have had a poor image of "fans" since most in AP have come across to me people who will go to ridiculous extents to support someone who already has everything, and is not about to share it. How low should your self-esteem be for you to dedicate your existence to and get into trouble for someone who isn't a Gandhi or a Mother Theresa?

Detours aside, Nuvvu Naaku Nachchav gave me some of the most lovely times in a movie theater - I was laughing out aloud in almost every scene. This film showed how pure creativity in dialogues can make a film. It was so sheerly originally hilarious in every scene, and it so disciplinedly stuck to being a comedy even in the second half when almost every moviemaker screws up. Venky is perhaps the best in comedy among lead heroes in Telugu.
Portuguese Man-Of-War

by talky » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:06 pm

1. Anand

2. NVNV

3.Patamata Sandhya Ragalu

4.Chitram

5.Pournami
Use ur brains in ths DB's else u will bcome like mee
talky
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: Top 5 best telugu films of all time

by Sravan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 pm

1. MAYA BAZAR
2. DANA VEERA SHURA KARNA
3. SHANKARABHARANAM
4. KHAIDI
5. MAGADHEERA

In my opinion these are the top movies of TOLLYWOOD.
and other 5 movies in list OF TOP 10 are
1. LAVA KUSHA
2. PREM NAGAR
3. SHIVA
4. BOMMARILLU
5. POKIRI
Sravan

by HH » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:32 am

Only One
Best Movie
Forever
MAYA BAZAR!

------
:)
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by HH » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 pm

HH wrote:Only One
Best Movie
Forever
MAYA BAZAR!

------
:)

Saw in HDTV in Colour - M A Y A B A Z A R. Too Good! :D
------
:!: :!: :!:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by bhu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Mayabazar (in color)
baktha prahalada
baktha kannappa
bhu

by teja » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 pm

My top 5 movies are
1.Missamma(1955): Until i had saw this movie, i hated to watch old movies. i'd changed my mind after watched dis movie. all i can say is great entertainment movie with great songs especially savitri acting was superb.

2.Maya Bazaar(1957) - Ultimate classic movie..it stands by its own way. The most perfect and impressive work of Cinematography, till date in Tollywood. I wont say much about it as people who have seen the film can understand it and if you have not seen the film then i pity you.

3.Sagara Sangamam(1983)–the performances of Dr.Kamal and jayaprada makes u stuck to the seat..A master piece from K.Viswanath.

4.Aa okkati adakku(1993)–the jandhyala classic..rajendra prasad at best with rambha in lead role..what else..beautiful comedy..

5.Appula apparao(1991)–the superb comedy ..best of rajendra Prasad..watched tens of times..
teja

by Medhi6 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:13 pm

my all time fav telugu movies are
bommarillu
anandam
khushi
happy days
Medhi6

by Tommico » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 pm

i give the first place to the political drama Roja. The soundtrack composed by Rahman is just amazing. By the way among the best soundtracks listed by Time. :D
Tommico

by chootia1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 am

In My opinion and in no particular order.: 1.Saagarasangamam : 2.Lava-Kusa : 3.Siva : 4.MayaBazaar: 5.Missamma.
chootia1

by saraspenser » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 pm

and i like Roja!! it's something unbelievable!! especially the music it took my heart away!! but the plot was also good :)
saraspenser

by GOUTHAM » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:28 pm

DONT INCLUDE dubbing movies among them.there must be atleast two films of viswanadh among top 5
only trend setters will occupy the tops
my top five are
swathimuthyam
geethanjali
siva
pathalabhairavi
sagarasangamam
GOUTHAM

by syntia19 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:54 pm

1. Money
2. Shiva
3. Gitanjali
4. Gaayam
5. Aapath Bandhuvudu
syntia19

by siva536 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 am

1.dhana veera sura karna
2.jambalakadi pamba
3.robo
4.police story
5.paramati sandhya ragam
siva536

by kumar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:58 pm

GITANJALI

ABINANDANA

SAGARASANGAMAM

GAMYAM

ANVESHANA

WE CANNOT DESCRIBE THE WHOLE TELUGU ALL TIME BESTS IN ONLY 5 CHOICES...
THERE ARE MORE AND MORE.
kumar

by imagebo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

top 5 movies in telugu.

1.Gitanjali.
2.Robo.
3.GAMYAM.
4.Roja.
5.1947 A love story.
imagebo

by pradeep- » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 pm

i almost forgot the old movies.. but it is good to see some of them on tv often..

vedam ..
kshana kshanam
money
100 % love
aarya 2
pradeep-

by ADya » Tue May 08, 2012 5:38 am

indra
nuvvu naku nachav
tagore
ADya