Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Classical Guitar classes

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Classical Guitar classes

by talonx » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 am

Can anybody give me pointers on good places to learn Classical Guitar in Hyderabad? I know there are a lot of music schools, but what I am looking for are personal experiences/opinions, esp from someone who plays classical guitar him/herself.
There used to be this Hyderabad School of Symphonic Music - but they have shifted, and I'm not able to figure out where :( .

Anyone?
talonx

Re: Classical Guitar classes

by anne » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:32 pm

You could try the International School of Hyderabad on Road No. 1 Banjara Hills, on Sundays.
anne

by talonx » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks Anne. But that's the Hyderabad School of Symphonic Music :) which I am trying to locate. It's not housed in the ISH anymore.
talonx

by talonx » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Ok. Answering my own question - I found the current location of the HSSM - it's opposite Cherma's in Abid's now :D
talonx

by guitar teacher » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 pm

hi my freind i am very happy that i see such friends which they like music and classical guitar.i am ehsan i am teacher of guitar and piano also i have certificate from germany.i will be happy if i can help you.hyderabad 9985728915
guitar teacher

by Sagarik » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 pm

talonx wrote:Ok. Answering my own question - I found the current location of the HSSM - it's opposite Cherma's in Abid's now :D

Hi Talnox, could you tell methe exact location of HSSM in Abids i have looked all around there and even opposite of Chermas.

Thanks
Sagarik

by fruit » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:29 pm

its a nice thing ...........all the best........
fruit

by talonx » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Sagarik, it's in the Taj Mahal hotel lane. Take that road, then take the first right. Classes are held in the Methodist School for Boys building on Sundays.

Sagarik wrote:Hi Talnox, could you tell methe exact location of HSSM in Abids i have looked all around there and even opposite of Chermas.

Thanks
talonx

by Pranusha » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Talnox,
You can also learn guitar lessons online at free of cost....I'm learing it from past 2 months and i suggest you some of the sites guitartricks.com,jamplay.com,freeguitarvideos.com, justinguitar.com.
Pranusha

by talonx » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Pranusha wrote:Hi Talnox,
You can also learn guitar lessons online at free of cost....I'm learing it from past 2 months and i suggest you some of the sites guitartricks.com,jamplay.com,freeguitarvideos.com, justinguitar.com.

Hi Pranusha,
While the sites that you mention are helpful, there is no substitute for a teacher if you're learning classical guitar. I believe it's ultimately two things that lead to a good classical guitarist -

• The amount of quality, deliberate practice time put in by the student.

• A good teacher who can guide the student along as he or she progresses in the study of technique, repertoire and style.
talonx

by Thanks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for posting this query on the forum. I am looking for similar information about guitar classes in Hyderabad. I have a cousin who is interested in leaning guitar. He is aged 12. Your recommendations are a real help. Thanks for posting the information.
Thanks

by classical guitar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm

hello all
I am very sorry to give you this feedback !
most of the hyderabad western music teachers are fradulent, recently I approached some of the self proclaimed music teachers to teach me classical guitar, they claimed that they have all the requisite qualifications from international exam boards, when heard their playing it was so poor and akward and disappointing, I have asked for a small info like what is their qualification? which exam board? which year ? which exam centre and city ? they appeared for exam and I wanted to see the certificate in original, most of the teachers were shocked and remained speechless, because if they furnish these details, we can find online are they real are fake ?
I have verified one genuine teacher who gave complete info (Mr Philip, Philips School of Music) has passed his grade 8 classical guitar with merit in year 2008, from TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON. exam centre MUSEE MUSICAL HYDERABAD, when I spoke to the exam centre they also confirmed his qualification is real and genuine, now he claims that he finished his ATCL reportoire and waiting for the exam, I have heard him playing pieces like CAPRICHO ARABE, VILLA LOBOS PRELUDE NO 1, and TARREGA'S GRAND WALS, it was simply superb and awsome, he is just a gifted musician.
classical guitar

by Anora » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Very nice...

Coaching classes is helpful to play music expertly.. Its a good way to learn and be a good musician. These classes are benefited for learning and be an expert..
Anora

by saraspenser » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Classes are good but the main thing of course the desire to learn and to play :D
saraspenser

by talonx » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm

saraspenser wrote:Classes are good but the main thing of course the desire to learn and to play :D

Saraspenser: It is the desire to learn and play that led me to the search for classes. I understand what you mean, though. Classes are just there to get one started, and for continuous guidance - it all boils down to how much practice is put in every day. That said, I would put equal emphasis on both persistent, deliberate practice and a good teacher.
talonx

Return to Special Interest Groups