Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

by TRUTH » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]
TRUTH

Re: The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

by hanifnoor066 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:33 am

He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law.
hanifnoor066

Return to Special Interest Groups