Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Launch of "Uncut Hyderabad":A unique Web Series on Hyderabad

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Launch of "Uncut Hyderabad":A unique Web Series on Hyderabad

by Biswanath Rath » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:06 am

On 13th March, the auspicious colorful occasion of Holi, multi-award winning film production company ‘BnR Films’ released the much-awaited Travel Documentary Web Series themed on the less-explored places, cultures and traditions of Hyderabad. Directed by Sankar Prasad, ‘UNCUT HYDERABAD’ is the first ever YouTube Web Series which is dedicated to Hyderabad. The Concept & Script have been jointly written by Biswanath Rath and Sankar Prasad. As the anchor, Ms. Nibedita Panda has presented this series.

Youtube Link of the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoxtsg3JE

Talking about the project, Director Sankar Prasad says, ‘Few months back I moved to Hyderabad. And within no time, I fell in love with the centuries old traditions, cultures and heritage of Hyderabad. So much that, I thought of making a travel documentary series on it. Last November, when I conveyed the idea to our CEO and Mentor Biswanath Rath, the first thing he replied was, ‘Why not? It’s a great idea and we should definitely give it a shot.” This inspired me to kickstart this amazing project. As writers, myself and Biswanath carried out in-depth research and after a lot of brainstorming, locked the stories of first few episodes. We were fortunate to get Ms. Nibedita on-board. Thanks to the determination and dedication of our technical team, we have completed the first episode ‘Shilparamam: Where Trade Meets Tradition’ . We launched the series on Holi as a tribute to the rich, vibrant and colorful traditions of our country.”

Asked about BnR Films’s debut web series, Producer Biswanath Rath (a multi-award winning writer-director) says, “In general, my friendship with Hyderabad goes back to year 2003, when I was a Mechanical Engineering Student at NIT Warangal and as per our college rituals, used to frequent Hyderabad. From being a die-hard fan of World famous Hyderabadi Biriyani to watching Hollywood blockbusters at Prasad’s IMAX, my bonding with Hyderabad and its unique culture is simply endearing.

We are quite excited to launch our first web series which aims to explore the lesser-known places and traditions of ‘this City of Pearls’ which had a glorious past. So, what could have been a better way to start then ‘Shilparamam’ which in itself is a tribute to Indian traditional Art and Crafts? The responses we have received for the first episode, are quite encouraging and inspiring. I must appreciate the hard work and dedication of Sankar and his team for telling this story in a compelling way. We hope all our fans and audience connect to these unique stories about Hyderabad and its incredibility.”

BnR Films LLP is a Film Production company (having pan India presence) which produces Ad-Films, TV Commercials, Corporate Videos, Music Videos, Documentaries, Promotional Films, Web Series, Short Films and feature films. All the ad-films/short films/music videos produced by the company have received numerous awards and recognitions in International film festival circuit. Out of total 76 International film festival awards and recognitions that the company has received, 43 festival screenings have taken place outside India (USA, UK, Italy, Paris, South America, Australia, Russia, Afghanistan and many other countries in Asia, Europe) where these films have represented India.

Presently BnR Films has got presence in Chennai, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Guwahati and Pune. BnR Films aims to make films based on local content with global appeal. This includes feature films, social ad-films and documentaries on a wide range of subjects, concepts and themes.

For more information, please visit official website http://bnrfilms.in or Facebook page: https://facebook.com/BnR.Films
Biswanath Rath

Return to Special Interest Groups