Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

RTO trouble for out of state cars

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Morningcalm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:42 pm

I just moved my car from Delhi to Hyd and got to know that you got to pay a huge sum of money as the road tax here.

Does anyone know how to deal with this? (Please dont say pay the amount)

This is just ridiculous to pay a huge amount and that too when i may have to move again in another 1-2 years. Of course, if I pay, i wont get the money refunded...
Morningcalm

by The Jackal » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:46 pm

Just drive around with appropriate papers.If the cops stop you, just tell them that you arried recently and you were going to change it.Dont worry I know many people who drive around with other states number plates. :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by akhilis2cool » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:01 pm

every state has its own rules...

either pay the amount or get the right contacts...

or buy a new car :idea:
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

That was helpful akhil

by Morningcalm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:10 pm

Morningcalm

Re: That was helpful akhil

by akhilis2cool » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:12 pm

Morningcalm wrote:Thanks :roll:
belkum :roll:
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:26 pm

not only to hydbad....take yr car to any state, u gotta pay road tax if u plan to stay there for a long time. cant escape it. i think Delhi is the only state without this rule since its the capital.
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Lucifer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:02 am

Actually, if you are staying for about a year you could get a No Objection Certificate or NOC. That would mean you don't pay anything to the RTO in Hyderabad.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Lucifer

by Morningcalm » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:46 am

Is it true that i can drive the car with the NOC. I do plan to get that from Delhi but r u sure that then i wont need to pay the road tax. I understand that all states have this road tax law and am not trying not to pay it but the law here says road tax is 7% of the invoice value and not the current value of the car. This is ridiculous.

If a guy bought a car 2 years back for 5 lac and the same car now is 3.5 lac, then the first guy pays more tax even though his is an old car....
Morningcalm

Re: Lucifer

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:38 pm

Morningcalm wrote:Is it true that i can drive the car with the NOC. I do plan to get that from Delhi but r u sure that then i wont need to pay the road tax.
u shud get an NOC from the RTO in Delhi. thats a certificate that yr car is not stolen and in not involved in any legal cases. an NOC is valid for abt 6 months i think. it will be asked when u pay yr tax or register it in hydbad.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

I can get the NOC

by Morningcalm » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:09 pm

and then even if i dont pay the road tax here in AP at this time, i can still drive it for 6 months??

Getting the NOC from delhi is not the problem, i am just worried that RTO should not force me to pay even with the NOC...

I am just confused and sorry for so many questions.........
Morningcalm

Re: I can get the NOC

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:52 pm

Morningcalm wrote:and then even if i dont pay the road tax here in AP at this time, i can still drive it for 6 months??

Getting the NOC from delhi is not the problem, i am just worried that RTO should not force me to pay even with the NOC...

I am just confused and sorry for so many questions.........
with NOC u need not pay road tax....thats what the cops here check the non-AP vehicles for.

always keep a copy of the NOC in your vehicle and see that all the required papers (pollution, RCBook etc) are in order. else u will be hit upon for a hefty bribe.

...and tyr to renew yr NOC after 6 months. better ask the RTO in delhi for the exact rules abt NOC
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Re: RTO trouble for out of state cars

by livirisjul » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Yes in NOC u need not pay road tax, that is what the cops check the non-AP vehicles for...

by Ritu » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey,
Even I am also sailing in the same boat,

I have also shipped my car from Delhi to Hyderabad.

Please guide me how to get NOC from RTO in Delhi, I mean to whom to approach and the process for getting the same.

Regards,

Ritu
Ritu

by Saurabh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. I am planning to use my car in Hyd for 3-6 months, If I can pay taxes for short duration it would be great rather than taking NOC two times for coming and leaving from Hyd.

Pls advice if taxes for short duration can be paid in Hyderabad.
Saurabh

by Alex » Mon May 28, 2012 12:22 am

I have a Car with Vehicle number regestered in Gurgaon, Haryana now I have to move to Hyderabad for a stay for 1-1.5 years. Please advice how to get NOC.

> Should I move to Hyderabad then ask for NOC of I have to Find NOC by Gurgaon
> What is the approx fee
> Any agent suggestion

Please advice

Thanks,
Alex
Alex

by ashwha » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Yaar i dont understand this rubbish country.

the person is indian. The vehcal is indian. then why to pay tax many time in diffrent states. this law needs amendment as it is antisocial. State should get the tax for vehicle registration. state donot have right to ask for road taxes from any citizens as the facitiltis govt supposed to provide from our income tax. State govts get funding for building road and infrasturture. income tax, road tax, vehicle registration tax, sales tax, VAT, and n number of taxes bloody what is this rubbish going on in this country ? IT become commen to bribe to avoid such unfair taxing system. I think to curb curroption indian taxing system needs major changes.

There should be provision of getting NOC from police without paying any bribe or fees to check criminal use of vehicle thats it .
ashwha

by New to Hyderabad » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Folks,

I am also joining you from gurgaon, I bought a hyundai verna 2 years back and got it registered with gurgaon number. I was happy as it takes only 4% of vechicle cost for registration in haryana. Now if I pay road tax in AP it would be 7 % even if it is on appreciated cost it would still be pretty higher what I paid last time.

I recently moved to hyderabad and was looking at the posts for road tax in hyderabad.

Me too have not long stay plans here may be 1-2 years so for that I only have to get the NOC and get it renewed, thats it? how many times this NOC gets renewed.

Agent is asking 2000/- for NOC and not sure about hidden charges.

please make me aware of the process who are senior in the terms of staying in AP.
New to Hyderabad

by Rusmart » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:56 pm

HI folks. This is what I just read in one of the blogs.Am posting it. Maybe it is of some use.

Just got a job at a MNC in Hyderabad ? Transported or shifted your out of station car to Hyderabad ? Heard horror stories of being stopped by RTO staff and getting your papers and worse, vehicle seized ? Need to pay road tax or get your number transferred.

Well, same was the case with me. If you are planning to use your out of state vehicle for more than a month in AP, then its necessary to pay road tax. The procedure to pay road tax is pretty simple, don’t be put off by horror stories.

I stay in the Gachibowli-hitech city area. Now I have been to three RTA offices, RTA Attapur, RTA, Kondapur and RTA, Khairatabad also. I found the Khairatabad office to be the most hopeless and useless. There is such a huge crowd there and the officials were very busy that they barely have time to answer any questions/queries.

So here is what I did step by step, if you have a NoC and need to get your number transferred then there would be an extra step after paying Road Tax. Before getting the NoC, do find out the RTA name. A NoC in Hyderabad RTA name doesn’t work in Rangareddy District except by going to Khairatabd RTA , a step which you don’t want to take.

1. Head over to Kondapur RTO in your vehicle, as soon as you enter, look around for someone in khaki uniform and tell him you need to pay road tax.

2. He will take you to a room which has space for 2 officers, the officers in my case were very polite. They created a check report for my vehicle and impounded my DL.

3. This check report is what you need alongwith your vehicle RC copy and invoice, head on over to the Attapur RTO

4. Ask the relevant form for road tax payment from one of the shops below, the RTA does not have any form in stock (maybe it’s a way to scam).

5. Fill up most details in the form, rest details would be filled in my the clerk who would calculate the tax needed to be paid. Ensure the vehicle value he takes is correct and does not include road tax already paid in home state.

6. Get the road tax value cross verified from the administrative officers who will double check using the original invoice.

7. Once 7 is done, you would need to get a draft made for the road tax amount and there is another small fee (230 I think) which you can also pay by cash.

8. Once you get your draft goto the same counter, the person there would issue you the coveted green receipt, take a few copies ,keep the original safe and drive around with a copy for the RTA folks on the road.

Since I paid the road tax, I have been stopped twice , the penalty is much more if you bring your car in and pay road tax much later
Rusmart

Return to Local Problems/Issues