Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Girl older than Boy in a relationship

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Girl older than Boy in a relationship

by Follow ur heart » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:42 pm

Hey guys!

This is the first time I m writing to this forum.

I've seen people getting along nice when the guy is older than the girl.

It's the norm of the society except for a few exceptionally identifiable exceptions like our Sachin Tendulkar's and I believe there are more which I am not aware of.

Is it so that a relationship would not end up in a long term one i.e a marriage when the girl is older then the guy. Does the society accept this?

Is it Ok scientifically/ medically?

I want to know from u guys wat kind of difficulties would arise in the married life after tying the knot if at all the step is taken??
Follow ur heart

Re: Girl older than Boy in a relationship

by Ar!e$ » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:24 pm

Follow ur heart wrote:Hey guys!
It's the norm of the society except for a few exceptionally identifiable exceptions like our Sachin Tendulkar's and I believe there are more which I am not aware of.
Is it so that a relationship would not end up in a long term one i.e a marriage when the girl is older then the guy. Does the society accept this?
I want to know from u guys wat kind of difficulties would arise in the married life after tying the knot if at all the step is taken??

Y wuld it b an exception only for sachin tendulkar? the guy n girl wuld gt in2 a relationship only if they r truely in love wid eachother,and therefore it doesnt matter mostly 2 them if the girl is elder 2 the guy,n nw in 2day's world we gt 2 c many such couples as well,take the case of saif ali khan n amrita singh,even tho they r divorced nw but they did have a relationship for quiet a long time then there is parmeet sethi and archana puran singh and they r happily married since long and society does accept dis as well nw.i feel where there is love trust n understanding age shudnt matter at all.if we think abt all this then ppl shudnt gt in2 a relationship in the first place 2 have a heart break later on in life.
Ar!e$
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by mark » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:02 am

makes more sense for the woman to be older cos women have a longer life expectancy than men so if the husband is younger than the wife then there's a better chance of dying close together
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by Jaan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:47 am

mark wrote:makes more sense for the woman to be older cos women have a longer life expectancy than men so if the husband is younger than the wife then there's a better chance of dying close together

hehe, funny, Mark.

On topic:

I am in a relationship where I am older than my bf. But that is not at all a deterring factor in the relationship. Infact, I believe that being intellectually and emotionally compatible is the best course in ANY relationship. It works fine for me and we are thinking of marriage :D

The only potential problems would be convincing your parents I suppose of your desire to marry someone that is not their first choice (i am assuming that your parents believe in arranged marriages?). I don't think they would say no if you are determined to marry her. Don't buy into the stereotype that because it is not a "model" union, you will have more problems. And no one said that life after the knot was a bed of roses.

Scientific and medical problems? Um, having you been reading some odd literature or something? I don't think there is a sound basis for those doubts. Good luck :)

Jaan
Have you seen Neville's toad, Trevor?
Jaan
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:53 pm

well....a younger man pairing with an older woman is not at all harmful...medically, emotionally, sexually...whateverly....the tuff part is in convincing the Indian society :D

whoever is older, i advise against large age gap of more than 5-6 years coz IMO, the couple wud practically be of two different generations and think/behave differently.

btw, in some versions of the Ramayana, Sita is shown as being older than Ram...and i read somewhere that Prophet Mohammad was younger than his wife...and more recently its also said that Kasturba was older than Gandhiji
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Tendulkars Wife is 5 years elder to him.
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:01 pm

and so is mayavi.... its all good. :P

but like 'god' said, make sure that the age gap is not more than 2 years....
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Ar!e$ » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:04 pm

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:and so is mayavi.... its all good. :P
but like 'god' said, make sure that the age gap is not more than 2 years....

lol xactly or else once they grow more older..she'l look like his aunty.. :lol:
Ar!e$
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by san » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Does not matter whether the woman is younger or older cause she will always be the wiser. We rule! :lol:

ps: It is Ok scientifically/ medically.[/code]
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Lucifer » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:15 pm

san wrote:Does not matter whether the woman is younger or older cause she will always be the wiser. We rule! :lol:

Agreed. One hundred percent!
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Neutron Star » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:22 am

Age has nothing to do with true love.
Neutron Star

by mark » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:18 am

Neutron Star wrote:Age has nothing to do with true love.

haha i bet Micheal Jacksons lawer will use this phrase at some stage
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:10 am

mark wrote:
:lol: :lol:
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:44 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
mark wrote:
:lol: :lol:
ROTFL
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by san » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:02 pm

Lucifer wrote:
san wrote:Does not matter whether the woman is younger or older cause she will always be the wiser. We rule! :lol:

hmmm I like you wise fella!
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by daisy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:23 pm

cant explain why, but i cant imagine myself in a relationship with a younger man :D
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. :D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:45 am

san wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

So, do I get a date? :mrgreen:

BTW, the devil knows best about women. After all, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:46 am

daisy wrote:cant explain why, but i cant imagine myself in a relationship with a younger man :D

That may be because you have not really met a younger man. Wanna give me a shot? :wink:
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:48 am

Lucifer wrote:That may be because you have not really met a younger man. Wanna give me a shot? :wink:

sure, i will give you a shot, and how do you want it, with a gun or a riffle :P
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:55 am

daisy wrote:sure, i will give you a shot, and how do you want it, with a gun or a riffle :P

First, I should like to say that the above statement was a pretty bad joke for there is a big difference, grammatically and otherwise, between giving something a shot and shooting someone. 8)

That said, being the devil there are some perks that I enjoy. Being undead is one of them. So, yes, neither your gun nor your rifle would do anything to me. It might instigate me further. That might not augur well for you when you get to my domain eventually. :mrgreen:
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:00 am

Lucifer wrote:
daisy wrote:sure, i will give you a shot, and how do you want it, with a gun or a riffle :P

First, I should like to say that the above statement was a pretty bad joke for there is a big difference, grammatically and otherwise, between giving something a shot and shooting someone. 8)

That said, being the devil there are some perks that I enjoy. Being undead is one of them. So, yes, neither your gun nor your rifle would do anything to me. It might instigate me further. That might not augur well for you when you get to my domain eventually. :mrgreen:

blah blah :roll: :lol:

btw what will happen to akidna, if i agree huh huh huh :x
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:03 am

daisy wrote:btw what will happen to akidna, if i agree huh huh huh :x

Don't worry too much about her. She knows that I am the devil. This is one of my traits that she finds most endearing. :D
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by san » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:24 am

Lucifer wrote:
san wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

So, do I get a date? :mrgreen:

Almost said yes. Spotted next post asking daisy out. Do I have to say more...

And you claim to know women! You still have a lotta learning to do my dear Lucifer.

ps: how old are you anyway - on topic
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:31 am

san wrote:Almost said yes. Spotted next post asking daisy out. Do I have to say more...

And you claim to know women! You still have a lotta learning to do my dear Lucifer.

[damage control mode begins]

Never said I knew women. Only said that I know they are smarter. And, I was right there, was I not? You did manage to spot my philandering ways. 8)

[damage control mode ends]

PS: Would the answer get me a date?
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by san » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:38 am

Lucifer wrote:
san wrote:Almost said yes. Spotted next post asking daisy out. Do I have to say more...

[damage control mode begins]
Never said I knew women. Only said that I know they are smarter. And, I was right there, was I not? You did manage to spot my philandering ways. 8)
[damage control mode ends]
PS: Would the answer get me a date?

You almost got one. But I just read the other thread on women vs men. Thumbs down to your views about working women. Sounds like you are still impressionable. Maybe you need to benefit the company of wise women like me? :wink:
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Next         

Return to Human Relationships