Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Advance Booking in Prasad Cinema

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Advance Booking in Prasad Cinema

by Moveing » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:53 pm

Does anyone know when the advance booking for the weekend shows

starts are Prasad Cinema - does it start on Wed or Thursday?

And what time does the counter open in the morning?

Also any idea when the PVR Cinemas at Panjagutta is going to

start operation?
Moveing

Re: Advance Booking in Prasad Cinema

by smack » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 am

Moveing wrote:Does anyone know when the advance booking for the weekend shows

start operation?

Hyderabad Central aka GS Estates has violated all the possible rules in the MCH book, atleast as far as parking and FSI is concerned. As it is, they have issues regarding parking. Incase PVR cinema with 3-4 screens they are planning opens up, we have hell of a problem at Punjagutta. And with the new flyover coming up, it is gonna be miserable. PVR might or might not happen.

Regarding Parasaz, their advance boking of new movie, atleast on web, is sad.

Try being there at the complex on Thursday for advance booking. I have tried to book tickets online on Wed for Friday release and was disappointed few times
smack

by CtrlAltDel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:42 am

Moveing wrote:Does anyone know when the advance booking for the weekend shows

start operation?
prasad's internet booking for the weekend shows start by thursday morning and most shows are usually sold out by the end of the same day.

u can try telephone booking and if you succeed in getting connected to their call center in one or two tries, you can consider it as the merit of some good deed in a previous birth.

u can always go to the theater boxoffice early thursday morning, but there is a downside: the tickets at the counters are issued from the first row upwards and the early bird might not enjoy the worm sitting right in front of the screen.

abt PVR, its a mystery even the ppl at Central cant answer. everytime u ask they say "Next month", since past one year. i think the right palms are waiting to be greased with the right amount....
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Moveing » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:21 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:
Moveing wrote:u can always go to the theater boxoffice early thursday morning, but there is a downside: the tickets at the counters are issued from the first row upwards and the early bird might not enjoy the worm sitting right in front of the screen.

Are you sure about this - i.e. they start issueing from the front row upwards?

Also what time thursday morning do they open the booking counter?
Moveing

by smack » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:39 pm

Moveing wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote:
Moveing wrote:u can always go to the theater boxoffice early thursday morning, but there is a downside: the tickets at the counters are issued from the first row upwards and the early bird might not enjoy the worm sitting right in front of the screen.

Are you sure about this - i.e. they start issueing from the front row upwards?

Also what time thursday morning do they open the booking counter?

They start at 9 AM, I guess
smack

by Moveing » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:u can always go to the theater boxoffice early thursday morning, but there is a downside: the tickets at the counters are issued from the first row upwards and the early bird might not enjoy the worm sitting right in front of the screen.

Do they not issue the top rows even if you ask them & it is available?
Moveing

by Red Combat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:33 pm

Moveing wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote:u can always go to the theater boxoffice early thursday morning, but there is a downside: the tickets at the counters are issued from the first row upwards and the early bird might not enjoy the worm sitting right in front of the screen.

Do they not issue the top rows even if you ask them & it is available?
The reason given being, Top rows are reserved for online / advance booking. :roll:
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Red Combat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:34 pm

Any idea on how is "15 Park Avenue" ?
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Moveing » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:04 pm

Red Combat wrote:Do they not issue the top rows even if you ask them & it is available?
The reason given being, Top rows are reserved for online / advance booking. :roll:[/quote]

I advanced booked in person a couple of weeks back for 2 movies

& I got A & B rows (top rows) for both.

So it's probably not only for advance booking.
Moveing

by CtrlAltDel » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:45 am

at prasads, rows E, F are for phone booking and G, H for internet booking. for tickets bot directly at the box office, they start from the row in front of the screen and work backwards to "A". generally requests for a seat in the back is either ignored or refused, unless u are lucky that day. seats from the net/phone quota is sold at the boxoffice if they are unsold beyond one hour before the show.

ppl who book on phone or the net sometimes end up in other rows either of they are late, or, if the seats in E,F,G or H are filled 'unfairly' on some recommendation.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Lucifer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:38 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:at prasads, rows E, F are for phone booking and G, H for internet booking. for tickets bot directly at the box office, they start from the row in front of the screen and work backwards to "A". generally requests for a seat in the back is either ignored or refused, unless u are lucky that day. seats from the net/phone quota is sold at the boxoffice if they are unsold beyond one hour before the show.

ppl who book on phone or the net sometimes end up in other rows either of they are late, or, if the seats in E,F,G or H are filled 'unfairly' on some recommendation.

That is not true. I have never had trouble getting tickets in the A or B rows. I think it depends on your face. If they like it, they give you good seats :D.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by ycr007 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:04 pm

Going with the common perception that Rows A & B are not 'good seats' and also considering the last post that mentions that Luci's able to get seats in the said rows without any difficulty whatsoever, isn't it pretty obvious that it's all in the face :lol:

Jokes apart, I was (un?)luckily saddled with seats in Row A for HP & TGOF :evil: (My! Have I incriminated myself here!) methinks its all random. :wink:
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by rock_26iin » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:22 pm

YCR, u are talking about the IMAX screen, which has the A row as the bottom most row, the discussion on the entire thread was about the Prasadz screens, which have A row as the top-most row. :P
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:56 am

Lucifer wrote:That is not true. I have never had trouble getting tickets in the A or B rows. I think it depends on your face. If they like it, they give you good seats :D.
:lol: luci...u place too much of a premium on your face! :lol: anyone can get seats in back rows if they are available and there is no gr8 rush...:lol:
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:00 am

...and speaking of advance booking, check out the gr8 internet booking system of PVR, where u can book upto 10 tickets, pay thru your credit card and choose your seat online.

the downside is that unlike prasad's internet booking system, it is difficult to hack PVR's site for booking fake tickets even if its marked 'sold out'...:D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by ycr007 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:42 am

rock_26iin wrote:YCR, u are talking about the IMAX screen, which has the A row as the bottom most row, the discussion on the entire thread was about the Prasadz screens, which have A row as the top-most row. :P

yeah...i knew that.....But isn't the A row at the extreme back, also a no-no for moviegoers? who'll wanna see da movie smack up against the back?? I,for one, detest the A & B rows...either at the back or at the front :evil:
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by rock_26iin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:00 pm

ycr007 wrote:yeah...i knew that.....But isn't the A row at the extreme back, also a no-no for moviegoers? who'll wanna see da movie smack up against the back?? I,for one, detest the A & B rows...either at the back or at the front :evil:

Everyone has their own preference i guess.

Personally, I love the F-row in Prasadz. Ample leg-room :D (and u get to trip ppl over also :twisted:)
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Lucifer » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:22 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote::lol: luci...u place too much of a premium on your face! :lol: anyone can get seats in back rows if they are available and there is no gr8 rush...:lol:

Did you not say that requests for 'good seats' are generally refused or ignored? And I said that I never had trouble getting them? So does that mean there is never any rush for any movie, or that I was born lucky? :?
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:38 am

Lucifer wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote::lol: luci...u place too much of a premium on your face! :lol: anyone can get seats in back rows if they are available and there is no gr8 rush...:lol:

Did you not say that requests for 'good seats' are generally refused or ignored? And I said that I never had trouble getting them? So does that mean there is never any rush for any movie, or that I was born lucky? :?
its refused if u go very early for advance booking. if u go closer to the day of the show, esp closer to the showtime, u stand a chance of getting a seat in the back, without any problems.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by hnoor0055 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:29 pm

the tickets at the counters are issued from the first row upwards and the early bird might not enjoy the worm sitting right in front of the screen.

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!