Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Birthday Party

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Birthday Party

by Mahipal » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:33 am

Guys,

We need some advice here. We are planning to celebrate our son's first birthday party in Hyderabad in March. We have talked to hotels like ITC Kakatiya, Katriya and Viceroy, but their prices are ridiculous(Rs. 1100 to 1400 + 31% tax). So for about 300 to 350 people, we are looking at around 5 lakhs just for the food, which is not something we are willing to spend. Ofcourse all other arrangements will cost extra in addition to the above price. So we have ruled out the hotels. But at the same time we dont want to take the same old route of function halls and stuff.

We want this party to be one where both the kids and the adults can have equal fun while maintaining an upscale ambience and feel. So I need the input and recommendations from people who have had parties in Hyderabad in the recent time. What's the trend like these days? Is theme based parties an in thing now? Can you guys recommend any event managers who can take care all the arrangements, including catering?

We want to host this party in an outdoor atmosphere. Somebody mentioned Durgam Cheruvu party zone as a good place for this. Does anyone have any experience with this place? I googled it and see that most of the movie fuctions like audio releases etc are held here. Other than that I have no information about this place.

Any ideas, recommenations, advice is higly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mahipal

First Birthday

by Sibu's eye » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:18 pm

Well Mahipalji,

First birthday of your child will be the most memorable event that will bond you to your child for ever. Congrats and may your son grow up to be a healthy and happy man. And having been born to you, I'm sure he is already lucky. Now what can you do to make it unique?

You got to plan something that is liked by his age group mostly; and their parents. Why not explore if you could plan something in the zoo, for the kids will enjoy the ambience as also the toy train and the animals. There are also elephant and camel rides. It also will give them a love for nature and animals, two things any amount of five star life will not give you. And then treat the kids to great dollops of good icecream and eats.

Have u seen school kids at the zoo. They absolutely love it.

May sound rather unexciting to you, but beleive me if it is the kids day then the focus has to be what THEY like and not how the elders can make it into an excuse to get drunk and make it boring for the kids.

At 63 and with a grandson of two and a half, my priority is to see that he is the happiest-at least on his special day. 5 star and other star bashes are ok if one looks for showmanship, but believe me it would be more satisfying to go for quality.

Wish your son a great first birthday.
triplegem
Sibu's eye

Birthday Party

by Varsha » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:43 pm

Hello,

First of all congratulations on your son's first birthday! Hope you can make it memorable for your family.

5 star parties are an expensive proposition . As an alternative , you could probably look at JALVIHAR/ Sanjeevaiah park etc as venue options.The advantage is that these places are in the heart of the city .

For catering option , you could speak to Arora Caterers . They are very reputed or get Utsav to cater for the event .

As for event management , I could help you out since I am in the area of events.I am just starting out , so I could definitely lend you a hand , price being no issue with me .

Some themes that could work are :

1. The most popular carnival theme..we can hire bouncing castle or other inflatable toys , get a portrait painter , magician etc

2. An olympic games theme party - centered around games like baby stroller race , lemon on spoon , frisbee throwing,baton races,suitcase relay etc . - Inviatations , decorations , food etc to correspond to the theme.

3.Teddy Bear theme:

Possible games are 1. Find the bear anywhere! 2.Teddy Bear relay 3.Teddy Toss4. Stick the heart on the teddy .

You can get in touch with me at 27717346 , I would be happy to share more ideas or any other information that you require

Regards

Varsha Ramesh
Varsha

Thanks!

by Mahipal » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 am

Triplegem, thanks for the great advice...I really appreciate it. I fully understand what you are saying, and we do intend to spend with our kid a full day in the zoo. Though he is too young to understand, I am sure he'll have a great time. As far as the party is concerned, you are right...it is an excuse for the adults to get drunk, cant deny that.... :D

Varsha, thank you for your response. Your ideas sounds great. I have spoken wth Arora and SV caterers and waiting for their email quotes. I'll call you shortly to discuss the even ideas. Thanks again.

Mahipal
Mahipal

Re: Thanks!

by Mahipal » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:17 am

Mahipal wrote:Triplegem, thanks for the great advice...I really appreciate it. I fully understand what you are saying, and we do intend to spend with our kid a full day in the zoo. Though he is too young to understand, I am sure he'll have a great time. As far as the party is concerned, you are right...it is an excuse for the adults to get drunk, cant deny that.... :D

Varsha, thank you for your response. Your ideas sound great. I have spoken wth Arora and SV caterers and waiting for their email quotes. I'll call you shortly to discuss the event ideas. Thanks again.

Mahipal
Mahipal

by Zoronaj » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:08 pm

hello Mahipal: Recently I happen to attend a Birthday party of a 2yr old - hosted by NRI parents. It was held in a boat which took off from Lumbini Park and went around Hussainsagar (Tank Bund). I believe the host rented it out for 3 hrs and was good fun for both the kids and adults. There was an event manager who pulled all the adults for a round of musical chairs and antakshari. And for the kids, there were clows, face painters and some games. The upper deck on the boat is kind of open air - but has a top on your head to protect from Sun. And the lower deck is air conditioned and lunch was served there. So you might want to check it out....

Happy B'day in advance to your little one.
Zoronaj

by Mahipal » Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 am

Just wanted to let you all know that we celebrated the birthday party in Jalavihar. Its a nice place for this kind of parties. The entire event was managed by Varsha(who responded to my question in this thread), and she did a fantastic job. If anyone is looking for an event manager, go for Varsha without any hesitation.

Internet is such a beautiful thing and thankyou fullhyd.

Mahipal
Mahipal

birthday parties

by Hello mahipal » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:58 pm

we planning to celebrate my sons first birthday party in the month of july.Can you just let me know how much would be the total expenses if we do it in jalavihar.we cant expect more than 200 people for the party.I feel the place will be too big for us.

Please let me know the information.
Hello mahipal

by Mahipal » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:48 am

Hi,

Just read your message. Jalvihar has actually two venues, one a stage(called vedika) where you can do the main event and the catering, and the other a glass house in the garden with seating inside and around it. This place also has 3 small AC cottages.

Stage area will hold about 300 people, and the cost is 60000. Glass house area is generally good for smaller gatherings of about 150 people and will cost you 30000. This area, in my opinion, is perfect for liquour parties.

The cost includes stage, seating, lighting, generator etc. No other out of pocket expenses for the venue. As far as the event is concerned, it all depends on your taste, requirements and budget. Let me know if you need more information.

I like your handle 'Hello Mahipal'....:)
Mahipal

hi

by dhiruj » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:10 pm

hi

my sons first bday is in aug... I just wanted to ask... do they aloow outside catering in Jalvihar...
dhiruj

Re: hi

by Mahipal » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:46 pm

dhiruj wrote:hi

my sons first bday is in aug... I just wanted to ask... do they aloow outside catering in Jalvihar...

Yes, they do.
Mahipal

birthday organizers in hyderabad

by Evergreen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to find someone who can help me organize my daughter's bithday in hyderabad. I was reading that Varsha has orgainzed a B'day party for one of the members here. can anyone tell me how to contact her. Also I need some ideas for the party.like location, entetainment for the kids etc.

Thanks
Evergreen

good

by celbrations » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Celbrations is very good. they are in jubileehills infront of Chiranjeevi bloodbank good luck :P
celbrations

Re: Birthday Party

by John » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please help in finding the stores address in Hyderabad where 1st birthday(exclusive) dress are available.
John

by ramanyv » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:30 pm

rainpsmith wrote:Hello,
First of all congratulations on your son's first birthday! Hope you can make it memorable for your family.
5 star parties are an expensive proposition . As an alternative , you could probably look at JALVIHAR/ Sanjeevaiah park etc as venue options.The advantage is that these places are in the heart of the city .
For catering option , you could speak to Arora Caterers . They are very reputed or get Utsav to cater for the event .
As for event management , I could help you out since I am in the area of events.I am just starting out , so I could definitely lend you a hand , price being no issue with me .
Some themes that could work are :
1. The most popular carnival theme..we can hire bouncing castle or other inflatable toys , get a portrait painter , magician etc
2. An olympic games theme party - centered around games like baby stroller race , lemon on spoon , frisbee throwing,baton races,suitcase relay etc . - Inviatations , decorations , food etc to correspond to the theme.
3.Teddy Bear theme:
Possible games are 1. Find the bear anywhere! 2.Teddy Bear relay 3.Teddy Toss4. Stick the heart on the teddy .
You can get in touch with me at 27717346 , I would be happy to share more ideas or any other information that you require
Regards
Varsha Ramesh

Varsha,

I am planning for a birthday for my son who will be turning 7 on Dec 30.

Please give me ideas which would be inexpensive and qualitative.

Please email me the various options.

Thanks
Raman
ramanyv

by Ajay - Event Manager » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:01 am

Hi All,

Let me introduce myself. This is Ajay an Event Manager from celebrationz Event Planners. I have organized quite a few event management activities. :D

Just to list a Few:

Family Parties - 1st Birthday, Anniversaries, Wedding, Reception, Engagement, Get together parties. :D

Corporate - Corporate parties, Team building, Technical meetings, Seminars, Product promitions :D

Apart from these, we do a lot of day to day normal parties which include organizing and supplying of magic shows, music shows, magicians, musicians, ballooons, everything to make the show look awesome. We do not run any pre fixed packages, we believe in customer satisfaction and the value of money. We fit in all budgets and we would be excited if anyone of you needs our help in organizing your parties, or knowing free quotes from us.

Do not hesitate, we are here to help you in all ways. you can contact us at http://www.celebrationzep.com or mail us at mail@celebrationzep.com for more details or contact 9052000354.

Thanks for all your time

Ajay
Event Manager
Celebrationz Event Planners
http://www.celebrationzep.com
Ajay - Event Manager

by Saritha » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:04 am

Hi Mahipal,

We are planning our son's first birthday at Hyderabad in 2009 feb. So could you please let me know where we can get all birthday related stuff. And also can you share your ideas/experience in making it as wonderful B'day.

Thanks,
Saritha
Saritha

by Jyotsna » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 pm

zoronaj wrote:hello Mahipal: Recently I happen to attend a Birthday party of a 2yr old - hosted by NRI parents. It was held in a boat which took off from Lumbini Park and went around Hussainsagar (Tank Bund). I believe the host rented it out for 3 hrs and was good fun for both the kids and adults. There was an event manager who pulled all the adults for a round of musical chairs and antakshari. And for the kids, there were clows, face painters and some games. The upper deck on the boat is kind of open air - but has a top on your head to protect from Sun. And the lower deck is air conditioned and lunch was served there. So you might want to check it out....

Happy B'day in advance to your little one.

Hi ,
I am quite interested in this type of a party for my about-to-be-2 year old and would be thankful if you could give any information about the cost involved in renting the boat..
Also if anyone can give me any information about where to go for caterers/decorators for such a party, it would be most welcome.
Regards
Jyotsna
Jyotsna

by varsha » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 pm

hi jyotsna
To hire the boat for the party , you have to go to APTDC office ( e.g. the Yatri Nivas one).There are three boats with a capacity for around 120 people. The charges are Rs 15,000 ; Rs 10000 ; Rs 5000 respectively for the three boats plus extra for the food . They will give the booking for a specified time slot only. It helps if you know someone in APTDC office.
I can help you with the decoration ( APTDC has some rules for that, like no dias etc ) and the entertainment also. You can call me at 98859 56728 or 040 27717346.
For more information on party venues, ideas on how to throw a birthday party etc do visit my blog : http://creativeevents.blogspot.com
~varsha
varsha

by Hello Mahipal » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 pm

hi Mahipal,

I gone through this thread and would like to know how much did it cost you in jalavihar not just the hall itself, including the event organizer, catering and everything. Can you please let me know the figure so that i can plan accordingly, my daughters birthday in in april.

thanks,
Raga.
Hello Mahipal

by Maruthi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Dear All,

My kids (twins) first birthday was on 18th March 2011. After seeing this post i have contacted Varsha. As she was busy and occupied on that day she gave me reference of VASU. I am really happy to tell you that the event was very well organized by him. He got us a good deal in CEDAR Banquet Hall in RK CinePlex, Opp. LV Prasad Eye Institute, Banjara Hills. He showed us different themes and we have selected Cindrella with Micky. He arranged the magician, 1 min game show organizer, Ballon Decoration and Tatoo for kids. All the guest are very happy and appreciated the arrangements They enjoyed every bit of the show.

The food at CEDAR was also too good. The manager Mr. Srinivas Reddy was very helpful and cooperative. I recommend this place for organizing the parties.

You can reach VASU on 9848452240 and Srinivas Reddy on 900319997.

Thank you Varsha for your good reference.

With Regards,
Maruthi
Maruthi

by Anora » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your own ideas.. I like your ideas. I want to take suggestion from you people.. My niece 4 birthday is coming on 9 July.. So give me ideas to arrange a birthday party for her.. I want to so something different from routine parties..
Anora

by Madhur » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I know a Event manger, i just met her when i was looking for same kind for my brothers marriage.. trust me her arrangements were just awesome with reasonable rates.. If you wanna her number then send me a private message.. am really sorry i cant paste her contact number in public :)
Madhur

by scrotu90 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm

You shared rather intersting ideas. My celebration was very cool:)
scrotu90

by Ricky Tailor » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 pm

One idea could be to create an online wish list. This will help the people coming to the party easily find and choose a gift, and will allow you to pick the things that you think your child would like to have.
Ricky Tailor

Next         

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!