Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Women's Safety In Hyderabad

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Women's Safety In Hyderabad

by fullhyd.com » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:06 pm

A call to all Hyderabadi women out there - do you feel safe on Hyderabad's roads, bazaars, malls, pubs and other public places? Where do you think Hyderabad stands in terms of safety for women? Tell us here - fullhyd.com will compile a list of all comments made, and hand it over to the Hyderabad Police Commissioner (Law & Order). Plus, if you're lucky, you win 2 free passes to a movie at Prasads Imax. Results will be declared on April 5th.
fullhyd.com

Re: Women's Safety In Hyderabad

by bhavin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 pm

the women in any part of the country are not safe,be it hyd or any other city, pepole commit the crime without any fear as they are not afraid of the law,if they caught they are let off,thanks to the influence of highprofile people..

i just want to request the police commisioner of hyd plz tighten the rules more vigorously that those who commit are punished and also police should intensify the frisking along with opening a helpline no to solve this kind of a problem..
bhavin

by Prashanth » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 pm

I believe the safely is much better compared to northern cities including national capital - Delhi. Also, i may say the situation is improving from time to time.With little measures a woman can be safe enough in Hyderabad. I havent used public busses lately but I can say, it is relatively much better to the rural part of AP.
Prashanth

by monic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 pm

hyderabad is not at all safe for women..u have to agree me on that..be it on roads malls bus colleges or anywhere..mentality of hyderabadi guys has become so cheap that they dont care or have fear of anything..they tease gals molest them in wee hours..stringent steps has to be taken to protect gals from such incidents as one such incident ruins the whole life of the girl..!!
monic

by areej » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am

being a woman .. i think hyderabad is not so safe for woman .. because teasing woman is common in hyderabad in theatres and bus stops .. so the police of hyderabad should take some steps immediately to punish the people who teases woman or misbehaves with woman .. they should be heavily fined and should also be jailed for atleast 6 months .. if this happens i can tell the number of eve teasers will decrease as it is not possible to stop every one .. and the guards present near malls , bazaars thetres etc should also be brave enough to stp this .. the owners of such places should deploy more number of guards and bouncers to stop all this .. i request the commissioner of police to take some harsh steps against the eveteasers for safety of us .. as we are afraid to go alone because of such people .. woamn should also have the freedom to go alone everywhere without any fear .. i hope that our commissioner will do something for us ..
areej

by nashrakhan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:10 am

yes in hyderabad we feel unsafe due to the problems caused to us by the cheap and disgusting men who teases us everywhere . thus the woman feel unsafe in malls , bazaars etc in all public places .. we have complete faith in our commissioner that he will not leave the people who teases women . he will give his 100 percent to protect the woman in the city . i also want to make a pint here that not only in malls , bazaars etc but the woman does not feel safe in autos also .. today the auto drivers are also misbehaving with woman . the woman now a days should also be extra cautious in travelling in autos . the woman are being teased in buses and trains also . i request the commissioner to increase the number of policeman on the roads .
nashrakhan

by akmal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:22 am

women the safety is in your hands . Chance takers are accident makers .. Safety is as simple as abc always be careful . Avoid overexposure at inappropriate places; it will only invite stares and lewd comments from people. I know this should not be the case; after all it
akmal

by Indu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Lack of good public transport facilities is what is annoying women in Hyderabad who are now working late hours in every profession. Also, College going girls too need better safety and it will be given top priority. The quality of life in top cities was measured in terms of good transport apart from roads and other basic amenities. So, adding Metro Rail and extension of MMTS were good solutions for this.
Indu

by akmal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:15 pm

women the safety is in your hands . Chance takers are accident makers .. Safety is as simple as abc always be careful . Avoid overexposure at inappropriate places; it will only invite stares and lewd comments from people. I know this should not be the case; after all it
akmal

by Chaitanya Kumar Vummethala » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 pm

In my perception, Women are as safe as men in Hyderabad. I have great respect to the Citizen of Hyderabad, especially women and senior citizens. So I always wanted to help them when they are in need, so I thought of sharing my views on this topic..

Women are Safer in Hyderabad: I have seen so many girls and ladies who are confidently commuting back to their places (homes) from offices even late in the nights (some are by their own vehicles and some are by CABS). Today about 20% of Hyderabad Women are not staying back at home, rather they are doing some respectable Jobs and are therefore need to travel extensively on roads, by buses, to bazaars, malls and other public places. They are all making this possible very easily without any major hurdles.

Carelessness: When it comes to young women who are actually doesnot know the meaning of life - are spoiling their own lives by entering into places like pubs, second show movies & late night party places with friends and colleagues. Over 30% among this group are safe (as long as her fellow mates are matured and strong), but the remaining 70% are definetely not safe, the reason is so obvious..

Precaution: While in rural/sub-urban/remote places, roadside romeos and cheap class people are always there to flurt women for no reason - this is there everywhere. The main reason for this problem is poor literacy rate, unemployment and bad habits like consumption of alcohol & others. Thank God! Hyderabad is mostly out of this problem, as we have a very good percentage of literates and qualified employees residing here.

So my dear friends, brothers and sisters (citizens of Hyderabad) please becareful and take care of yourselves - plan your careers by taking proper advices & guidance from your esteemed educational institutions, loving parents and elders.

Just think about it, there is no place where you will be safe - if you dont want to be....
Chaitanya Kumar Vummethala

by Chaitanya Kumar Vummethala » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

In my perception, Women are as safe as men in Hyderabad. I have great respect to the Citizen of Hyderabad, especially women and senior citizens. So I always wanted to help them when they are in need, so I thought of sharing my views on this topic..

Women are Safer in Hyderabad: I have seen so many girls and ladies who are confidently commuting back to their places (homes) from offices even late in the nights (some are by their own vehicles and some are by CABS). Today about 20% of Hyderabad Women are not staying back at home, rather they are doing some respectable Jobs and are therefore need to travel extensively on roads, by buses, to bazaars, malls and other public places. They are all making this possible very easily without any major hurdles.

Carelessness: When it comes to young women who are actually doesnot know the meaning of life - are spoiling their own lives by entering into places like pubs, second show movies & late night party places with friends and colleagues. Over 30% among this group are safe (as long as her fellow mates are matured and strong), but the remaining 70% are definetely not safe, the reason is so obvious..

Precaution: While in rural/sub-urban/remote places, roadside romeos and cheap class people are always there to flurt women for no reason - this is there everywhere. The main reason for this problem is poor literacy rate, unemployment and bad habits like consumption of alcohol & others. Thank God! Hyderabad is mostly out of this problem, as we have a very good percentage of literates and qualified employees residing here.

So my dear friends, brothers and sisters (citizens of Hyderabad) please becareful and take care of yourselves - plan your careers by taking proper advices & guidance from your esteemed educational institutions, loving parents and elders.

Just think about it, there is no place where you will be safe - if you dont want to be....

by Parimala Padma » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Hyderabad is almost the best place for women, when it comes to safety. Women in Hyderabad are safe as long as they are in the limits and follow few precautions.

The way they Dress, Timings they maintain, Attitude they carry and so on are all the things which will keep them safe.
Parimala Padma

Contest Winners: Women's Safety In Hyderabad

by fullhyd.com » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi everyone

Thank you for the enthusiastic participation. The contest is now closed, but the forum is still open for more people to have their say and get heard by the Hyderabad Police Commissioner.

The following have been declared lucky winners for the contest, and win 2 passes each to a movie at Prasads Imax:

nashrakhan
Prashanth

Congratulations! You have all been mailed details of your passes.

Cheers
The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by pradeep » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 am

As far as I am concerned..
It is a commom myth That a woman Need Special Protection-
A woman is not a child to get Lost in wind without directions ..
She knows how to read or write or ask for directions -...

It is a guilt trip that is given to society that a woman should always be protected-
The default assumption is that a woman slips away..if unprotected-
Come on.., How long one should protect-s-.. You need not protect Your sister or Mother..,
They are simply there without Your choice....

The notion that protecting a woman is dangerous.., If one goes deep into subconscious-
if one tries to protect something.., he has to get rid of it as well..
It is .., If one tries to protect one's money.., some day he has give it .., otherwise his freedom is limited by this piece of money that one is protecting for long -
pradeep

by pradeep » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 am

i Just see the- winning replies as welll...

The thing is .. these guys will go to the Imax without even lifting their head when a woman is in front of them...
they will act like woman in front of another woman.. strange world..-

I would rather suggest That You go to commissioner and ask him to flex the rules of protecting woman..., as there r already terrible dumb heads who go on beating that a woman need multi layered - protection- You will be one amongst those ppl-

It is Not Your fault or Mine.., It is the Fault of Our basic - Family System-
The good News is Internet.., With Internet The woman and men are learning new things-
I donot mean that we get westernized totally- but We Become more aware of what is happeining around-

Do You Know that 95% of the Horrible News or Terrible News That You See on Newspaper Or Television is Just FAke- (Like Someone being raped or someone being robbed- ;) )

As FAr as protecting woman.., If some one is told thousand and one times that he/she need protection.., it will natural thaT she start to Think She Realli Need That Imaginary Protection ;)

--pradeep-
Hyd-
pradeep

by James » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:26 am

I have travelled to India. Hyderabad a few times in fact. I am not commenting to participate in any contests, i just wanted to say that for the msot part, women are safe! It's just when attitudes start to change and they start to go to places they perhaps shouldn't, or take risks in terms of freedom fighting. Unfortunately equality inst like other westernised countries. But they will remain safe if they respect their current situations.
James

by sita » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Things I hate about being a woman in Hyderabad:
1. Not being able to wear whatever I like
2. Being stared at/cat-called no matter what I wear
3. Not being able to walk on the road (at any hour) without being harassed in some way (this doesn't happen in any other Indian city I've been to)

There was one incident that I feel compelled to mention, involving a traffic policeman who pulled me over at around 11 pm one day: not only was he drunk, he started beating up a civilian while I was pulled over. I drove off, but it didn't make me feel particularly safe.
sita

by kram » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:21 pm

traffic policeman who pulled me over at around 11 pm one day: not only was he drunk, he started beating up a civilian while I was pulled over.

That shows even men are unsafe -
as a civilian beaten .. very pity of him..
was civilian drunk or traffic-man.,!? mostly it must be civilian..! !

You wann walk at any hour without being harassed !? what a heavenly life you wann from us.
Even i get scared to walk by at time-s.

I am sorry.. Hyderabad might not have met ur high fi standards.., people are still backward here..

You sound more like woman's fighter - fighting for right of every woman that you see on way..or any future woman that you might talk toe
kram

by jonspaker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 am

I found most of women much safer nowadays in all India. No one could misbehave with any, if that women looking sincere and have attitude with their Indian Look. But if someone blame that she has been misbehaved by someone, then first she would look herself and think, why other person get Conscious to do misbehave with her.
I am pretty sure, if every women will get convert herself as according to Indian traditional women, then no one will look at your with that lame eye.
jonspaker

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!