Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Shamshabad International Airport - Is it the best?

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Shamshabad International Airport - Is it the best?

by giga » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:01 pm

yes, Shamshabad airport ranks as one of the best
giga

Re: Shamshabad International Airport - Is it the best?

by honey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 pm

well.....its better dan old airport at begumpet ....bub ya not the best.....!!
honey

by prudvi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:39 pm

yes
prudvi

by prudvi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:51 pm

yes and it is the number one airport worldwide handling 5 to 15 million passenger and among asia its take 5th place
prudvi

by abdullah khan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:47 pm

yes On 16 February 2010, Hyderabad International Airport was ranked fifth Best Airports Globally by Airports Council International.[23]

The airport has been named as the number one airport in 5-15 million passenger category by the Airport Council International in a worldwide conducted survey.

29 October 2009, GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL), has bagged the Center for Asia Pacific Aviation
abdullah khan

by pradeep » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 am

yes, of course. it has one of the most wonderful architectures and a large and spacious area.In Asia i stands in 5th place.And coming to India it stands in 2nd place in my opinion after the Delhi airport.And it is because it is near one of the metropolitan cities Hyderabad.
pradeep

by rajitha » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:52 am

Yes, Shamshabad airport is one of the best airports in the world.It is not one's opinion to decide it. Airport council in the world decided it as world's 5th best airport. As it can accomidate up to 15 million people and has a very luxurious look and facilities. If i get a chance i would rank it among the best airports in the world.
rajitha

by prudvi » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:18 pm

yes it is one of the wonderful airport and transport facility is very nice compare to other airports
prudvi

by akmal » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:50 pm

not yet ..it can needs to improvise little bit .. hospitality is necessary .. security is rude
akmal

by Chaitanya Kumar Vummethala » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I have never been to any other country outside India to comment on this discussion, but having visited almost all the major airports in the country, Can surely say that Shamshabad Airport is definitely the best in the country. And during my research (in the past) as part of my project study, I found there are so many other best airports in the world which are far better when compared to ours! (Not in terms of just standards, but in terms of facilities, such as public transport to various parts of the city right from the airpot by trains). Having said this though Shamshabad is definitely not among the top 10 best airports worldwide, is certainly one of the best among the international airports - that most of the indians are witnessed today.
Chaitanya Kumar Vummethala

by Gayathri Naik » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:38 pm

I have visited only few airports in india and I feel that Shamshabad Airport is definitely one of the best. But it can still get better n better !
Gayathri Naik

by S ch Manikanta » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Definitely why because good quality of service an very good maintenance.
S ch Manikanta

by Niladri Bihari Nayak » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Yes.The ambience is good.Proper maintenance
Niladri Bihari Nayak

by praveengattim » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:24 am

Its surely one of the Best Airports in the world

And it deserves it
praveengattim

by SUNDEEP KUMAR » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 am

yes
SUNDEEP KUMAR

by Rajesh U » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:37 am

(i).YES,The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad in Hyderabad has been voted as the number one airport in the world. This was announced by the Airforce International Council.

(ii).The Hyderabad airport is the most expensive in the country based on the levies it imposes on domestic and international passengers.

(iii).This is the second time in a row that Shamshabad airport has been rated as number one in the world.

(iv).Hyderabad International Airport was ranked fifth Best Airports Globally by Airports Council International.
Rajesh U

Lucky winners of the fullhyd.com contest dated 16th April 20

by fullhyd.com » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Hello,

The fullhyd.com Facebook contest dated 16th April is now closed, although this forum is still open for discussion.

The following 3 have been picked as today's lucky winners, and they each win 2 passes to a movie at Prasads Imax. Congratulations!!

praveengattim
Niladri Bihari Nayak
Gayathri Naik

You have each been mailed the details of your passes :)

Cheers
The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by hyderabad guy » Sun May 15, 2011 9:57 pm

they may declare the awards and rewards but the services at shamshabad airport have been deteriorating except for the show off maintenance that too is slowly fading away.ultimately airport is for passenger satisfaction rather than its green but not so clean lawns.......i regularly visit and also hv seen airports in and out of india ...but shamshabad airport has no good service....worst are the air india executives at the airport counter who cannot talk to a customer properly give respect and behave.....and help the customer(i had a business class booking and was received rudely by them.if the airindia counter would not been protected with those thick glasses i would not mind about the cisf jawans standing nearby.....
hyderabad guy

by HH » Mon May 16, 2011 5:20 pm

We travelled to the US of All, a few months ago. The Flight was early morning, not much seen of the surroundings, but the approach was through some rough patches, full of pot-holes; may be by the Cab Driver's Trickery.
The Return Flight, was before dawn. After Clearance(s) and Baggage Collection Melee, had to lug the baggage to One Floor Below, to "Ground". After some walking, got into the Pre-Paid Taxi, reached home only to be greeted by Airport "Security" and told that the wrong hand baggage was picked. It looked identical to the one we were flying with. Made my Son go back to the Airport and amend the Mistake; spending 1 K extra for this apart from disturbing his sleep.

:(
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by krm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 pm

yes
krm

by Rahul » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Shamshabad International Airport is the best after that comes Delhi airport
Rahul

by imagebo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:35 pm

yes. Shamshabad airport is a one of the most airport in the world
Shamshabad International Airport, which commenced operations on March 23, 2008.
The airport site totals 5,400-acre (22 km2) in area and the GPS coordinates are 17"15' North and 78"25' East.
Other noteworthy features of the airport are, the second longest runway (4.2 km or 2.6 miles) in the country, and extensive connectivity to/from the city.
imagebo

by Pakka Hyderabadi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm

(i).YES,The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad in Hyderabad has been voted as the number one airport in the world. This was announced by the Airforce International Council.

(ii).The Hyderabad airport is the most expensive in the country based on the levies it imposes on domestic and international passengers.

(iii).This is the second time in a row that Shamshabad airport has been rated as number one in the world.

(iv).Hyderabad International Airport was ranked fifth Best Airports Globally by Airports Council International.
Pakka Hyderabadi

by Mounica » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Nice Airport..But not the best...
Mounica

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!