Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Secularism -- Will It Survive?

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Secularism -- Will It Survive?

by Max » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Secularism should survive for the simple reason that there is no need for God. God is a persistent memory from the childhood of humanity—that invisible friend who once provided comfort in a strange and scary world. Humanity has now reached adolescence, a crazy and dangerous time when children are fully developed physically but have not yet learned how to avoid self-destructive behavior. Fortunately, adulthood is just around the corner, provided the teenager survives until then. If humanity ever reaches adulthood, it should dispense with God.

As late as the nineteenth century, it still seemed reasonable to believe in God. People looked at the world around them and thought, “I can’t see how the universe and life, in all their complexity, could have come about naturally.” So, they concluded that those things must have come about supernaturally. But the fact that you do not understand something does not imply that it cannot be understood.

Today’s physicists and cosmologists have shown that no laws of physics were violated—no miracle was required—to produce the universe. The laws themselves look just as they should look if they came from nothing. Similarly, biologists, beginning with Darwin, along with modern-day computer scientists, have shown how easily complexity can arise, without design, from simplicity.

Of course, this is not what the many people who still talk to their invisible friend want to hear. Currently, science is under heavy attack in the public arena because of its unwelcome message, and scientists are struggling to defend themselves.

But, barring a new Dark Age in which science is removed from the schools and its books and journals burned, the empirical fact that there is no need for God is bound to seep into common knowledge. The world will remain scary, but we will grow up and learn to grapple with our fears like adults—realistically, without the expectation of help from some imaginary realm.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Max
Humour is emotional chaos remembered in tranquillity.
Max

Secularism

by VJ » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Hahahhaha! :!: (God) I don't believe in him :twisted: rather I believe in myself. (Scientist) I imagine myself to be a Scientist, so a firm believer of Science :). (Empirical fact) I don't believe in that shit :evil: In fact I hate empirical research, it has nothing in it, everyone can do it, it doesn't require any specific skills or qualifications :) .

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

hi

by man4u » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:26 am

even when you dont beleive in God you have made him a male. " I don't believe in him :twisted: " What a empirical evidence of sexual discrimination!!!
man4u

Secularism

by HI » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:06 am

man4u wrote:even when you dont beleive in God you have made him a male. " I don't believe in him :twisted: " What a empirical evidence of sexual discrimination!!!
If it's sexual discrimination then YES it is.....A female God will be termed as "Goddess". I already said I don't believe in Empirical Evidence :twisted: . Hahahahahaha people talk about secularism, someone has to save its survival. It's only "ME" then :lol:

@VJ
HI

SECULARISM

by VJ » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:12 am

Sorry! The previous one was with the wrong display of my name :) .
man4u wrote:even when you dont beleive in God you have made him a male. " I don't believe in him :twisted: " What a empirical evidence of sexual discrimination!!!
If it's sexual discrimination then YES it is.....A female God will be termed as "Goddess". I already said I don't believe in Empirical Evidence :twisted: . Hahahahahaha people talk about secularism, someone has to save its survival. It's only "ME" then :lol:

@VJ
VJ

hi

by man4u » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:12 am

o ok you beleive in Godesss at least!!!!!
man4u

Secularism

by VJ » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:15 am

man4u wrote:o ok you beleive in Godesss at least!!!!!
Nope.......:twisted:

@VJ
VJ

hi

by Mungalla Rama Krishna » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:09 pm

it depends on our politicians
Mungalla Rama Krishna
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Return to Creativity, Inc.