Sunday, 12 May 2024 »  Login
in

Do intelligent women intimidate guys?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by ;-) » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:22 pm

I support your statement, \"You haven\'t met the girl I have met\", which basically means it is very difficult to come across an intelligent female. ;-)
;-)

by Whatizit? » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:25 pm

what is the yardstick Ms. Lady of the Lamp ?
Whatizit?

by rainmaker » Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:58 am

Hmm... well, but I have to admit that women still thrive on emotional melodrama.
- The guilt of the kiss is not in the lips, but in its bliss...
rainmaker

by ananth » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:50 pm

In all honesty, it does.. sometimes. It is also a great turn on. I personally have a philosophy of measuring a woman\'s worth ( dont jump to conclusions no condescension here ) by what sits on her shoulders.. not by what hangs from it. I do get intimidated sometimes not because \"she is more intelligent\" but by the uncertainty involved in figuring out the answer to \" Is she going to use it against me ? \". Being intelligent does not preclude the possibility of being hostile . I think most men who understand the value of intelligent women appreciate it without any hesitation. There are those who radiate MCPism and they are quite a few of them actually in the indian subcontinent and the middle east , as far as statistics go... but there is hope.
ananth

by Shyam. » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:37 pm

Hi People,
Intelligent people irrespective of their gender interests me but I am definitely not the one to be intimidated.
Many of the intelligent tribe actually can not tolerate less intelligence. That\'s the root cause of the problem. Well, maturity in thinking is the cure for it.
Coming to Man/Woman stuff, I would be comfortable with a woman who is intelligent,whether it is more or less than me is not very important. But what the combination can acheive is important.
Finally LWL.. you have raised a very good topic. Thanks for that.
Shyam.

by Purushothama » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:21 pm

I found mostly girls are better in understanding things. They do better in studies and at work they concentrate. So it may intimidate those boys who loath to work hard and seldom put their mind on their studies!!!!
Purushothama

by Anil » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:03 am

Absolutely not! I don\'t know about the industry but in the research field, it hardly matters. In fact, personally I found it very easy to work with women - they bring compassion to the work environment. I have found the women bosses to be well-organised, sympathetic and more incisive when it came to crunch situations. And I absolutely have no qualms about being subordinate to them.
Anil

by Jatinder » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:17 pm

Intelligent women intimidate guys. Coz guys are clueless when with them. But intelligent women fall for arrogant and intelligent men.
Jatinder

by sharon » Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:54 pm

do intelligent women intimidate men?? the answer according to me is no, and i guess it applies the other way round too... any person drops the person opposite to him/her like a hot potato once he sizes up the person\'s mental faculties... but i guess in today\'s world anyone with a decent IQ and an above average emotional quotient would do better... both in his/her personal and professional life...
sharon

by Rohit » Thu May 22, 2003 3:11 pm

At the peril of sounding dishonest, let me say that somehow given the choice of company between an intelligent woman who is not so attractive and a dumb one who is drop-dead gorgeous, I shall choose the former. I guess, intelligence is one thing that no make-up can ever hope to beat!
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Rohit

by Lady_with_the_Lamp » Fri May 23, 2003 10:12 pm

This is totally irrelevant to the topic but I couldn\'t help notice the dates... This topic has been up for discussion for a year now! Hey Moderator, any freebies for me in the pipeline?? :-)
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
Lady_with_the_Lamp

by BeerYanni » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:45 pm

Well, kind of opposite words aren\'t they? \"Intelligent and Woman\"? Gr8 contradiction... LOL!
<br>
<br>
Oh okay! Please forgive me for the blasphemy... Just kidding!
<br>

<br>
Well, the serious answer does require some pondering abt it... will post later...
BeerYanni

by BeerYanni » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:50 pm

BTW, that was a good way of not responding to the question at all...
BeerYanni

by BeerYanni » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:58 pm

DUH, my friend, looks like you have never heard of Shakuntala Devi (the mathematician).
BeerYanni

by HALLim » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:35 am

More like an oxymoron BeerYanni.. (if you dont know the meaning of oxymoron there is another board going around which has some vocab classes running.. ).. like Thundering Silence.. like Artificial Intelligence..
HALLim

by b. » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:47 pm

hey guys, first we need to look/see \'what/who is an intelligent woman\' as far as my take on this. women trying to act as that do bother me.
b.

by BeerYanni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:47 pm

Yep I agree on that... women who are not intelligent BUT think and act as if they are God\'s favoured are curses on the earth.
BeerYanni

by BeerYanni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:49 pm

Well, the problem with using the word was if ppl like you could understand it... i am sure u would understand the moron part of it certainly.
BeerYanni

by BornBad » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:01 am

intelligent women = extinct species! ;D
<br>seems that have to wait & look forward for the day when technology makes some intelligent test-tube girls. louise brown, ain\'t a bad start!
BornBad

by Insane » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:06 am

Ha-ha! Agree, make that extinct or never-existing.
Insane

by sillychicken » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:20 pm

Maaaannnnn r u guys gutsy or what.... i still like to be near a woman ...ooohhhhh they drive me wild...so am not going to antagonise them and drive them away (my body-odour is enough).......LOL
<br>
<br>
sillychicken

by Lady_with_the_Lamp » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:28 pm

I\'m amused by all that I\'ve read. Are all of you saying that you haven\'t come across \"intelligent women\"?? Come off it, people. I get the feeling its become fashionable to indulge in some \"woman-bashing\" here!!
Lady_with_the_Lamp

by BeerYanni » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:21 pm

Oye Lady,
<br>
<br>mmmmm to be honest I did meet intelligent women (know one who has got offer from harvard to do her phd) and I certainly was not intimidated....actually was real glad to know her......as far as I know the really intelligent ppl around act very normal....they make some real good company .....
BeerYanni

by Lady with the Lamp » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:20 am

Yeah, true... I\'d second that.
Lady with the Lamp

by b. » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:17 pm

Hey guys, can anyone care to list a few real intelligent females here?
<br>
As far as I can think, the lady who designed the C language is a good example. I\'d like to place Indira Gandhi as well, but she did intimidate and was shot...
b.

PreviousNext      

Return to Human Relationships