Monday, 20 May 2024 »  Login
in

Good looking guys Vs Grey matter

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Joan of Arc » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:41 pm

I\'m not generalising, but most of the good looking guys I\'ve met are invariably less fortunate in the top storey...(!!) Any comments from my female counterparts???
Joan of Arc

by Vamsee » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:49 am

Hey Joan of Arc!

Well, first of all, I\'m not your \"female\" counterpart, but I have some thoughts that you may entertain. Yeah, I observed that kinda thing too, but I think it\'s logical. Because good looking guys have little time to study while they\'re spending hours looking at the mirror(yeah, take it from me, some are worse than girls). And not so surprisingly, girls too, fall too fast to good looking guys( I know some girls will want to kill me for that, but ask yourself - isn\'t that true?). At the least, they flirt most with them. You should get it - it\'s like a virtuous(!) cycle!!
Vamsee

by Srinu » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:44 pm

vamsee, sounds like a case of sour grapes my friend.. :)
just kidding. and no, i am not claiming to be the \"good looking\" category and by the time you finish reading this you will find my \"top storey\" empty too, but joan, why do you want good looking guys with great brains??
if charles darwin has his way.. that will be the end of mankind as we know it. how else is the \"normal\", \"average\" guy going to procreate?? Surivival of the fittest (thats from charles darwin, i hope) will be our (normal guys) \"nemesis\". AARRGGHHHHHHH! how horrifying!!!!!! and to conclude, i find \"normal\" looking girls lacking in the top drawer too(top and the not so top).... MCPism Zindabad. any comments joan???
Srinu

by Joan of Arc » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:09 pm

\"Girls fall too fast for good-looking guys\" Says who??????? It all depends on the girl really. I know plenty of girls who wouldn\'t give looks priority.....as long as the guy is on the same mental wavelength.
Joan of Arc

by Joan of Arc » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:33 pm

Let me reiterate......LOOKS ARE SECONDARY.........Ok there\'s no denying that I\'d give a second look to a great looking guy....Its only human, but at the end of it, if he\'s the kind who\'d only make inane conversation then pardon me, but I really wouldn\'t care even if he was Mr Adonis himself.......PS And I\'m still trying to figure out the \"normal-looking girls lacking in the top drawer\" bit...
Joan of Arc

by Srinu » Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:23 pm

hey joan...i find it very very difficult to define what \'inane\' conversation is. and what \'intellectual\' conversation is. very subjective.... anyways...if what we are talking abt is spouses or bf/gf... i wpuld prefer a kind hearted and caring girl than one who has brains. what good are brains in matters of love. i guess thats a typical MCP attitude... but i never claimed otherwise. :)
Srinu

by Joan of Arc » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:52 pm

Oh so a girl with a \"brain\" cannot be kind-hearted/caring? Honestly, what kind of logic is that? Intelligence and a nice nature are not mutually exclusive, pal.
Joan of Arc

by Srinu » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:08 am

you are right, its screwed up logic. except its not my logic. i didnt say that. what i meant was GIVEN the choice between looks and good nature, i would prefer good nature. i didnt say good looks and good nature are mutually exclusive. or did i?? :) but that seem to have got you pretty upset joan, u a good looking chic or what?? :)
Srinu

by Srinu » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:28 am

but you are right, and i guess you cant have everything in life. there are exceptions to every rule though. you may find a handsome, intelligent and kind hearted guy like me once in a while. :)
Srinu

by Good lookin\' Geek » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:38 pm

Joan, I think you\'re just generalising here..You ought to have said most of the good looking guys in Hyderabad lack a good amount of grey matter..That\'s true...I know many Adonis-types there who women swoon over..but when they open their mouths, the same women run for cover!!! I guess the same holds true for some girls as well...Besides i have noticed that in HYD, most good looking girls prefer the company of average looking men..wonder why? Can you give me some gyaan?
Good lookin\' Geek

by Joan of Arc » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:27 pm

I can\'t speak for the entire female race as a whole, but I think it has more to do with connecting mentally than anything else.
Joan of Arc

by Angry Mother Hen » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:44 pm

Looking for chicks? Look in a coop.
Angry Mother Hen

by Sher » Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:04 pm

Looks...Grey matter...??
lets take it one by one..
to be very frank..looks do matter.Not that it\'ll guarntee u a free ticket to success with every relationship u have ..but atleast they act as a catalyst at the \'starting part\' of it.
How many of us wud be comfortable approaching a person and talkin to him/her if in the frst place u don\'t want to be seen with him/her?? No matter that once u talk to him..u might fall head over heels in love with the person.
The point i want to make here is that if the person has looks he is considered more approachable..in the begining that is...ultimately wat matters is how much substance he has.
Coz the wrapping fades away sooner of later...wat remains is the real beauty inside.
Sher

by Good lookin\\\' Geek » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:38 pm

Totally agree with you, looks are what attract initially. But that\\\'s not necessarily the case for everybody. I know people who compromised on looks for other things. Eventually they were left with nothing! It\\\'s all a matter of fate actually; no one can actually claim to have a perfect relationship..there is no such thing...it\\\'s all a question of how well you compromise...
Good lookin\\\' Geek

by Srinu » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:49 pm

sher... (the name scares me) ... anywayz, consider me one of Joan\'s \"Good looking guy(s) with little grey matter\", but i really didnt understand what you wanted to say... one side you said \"looks do matter\" and finally you seem to say \"its whats inside that counts\". but anyway from what i understand, you said as a starting point, looks are important. well, if that was the starting point i dont know why i see so many \"langoors with hoors\" on the roads. also most relationships start with friendship and how many really beautiful or handsome friends do you claim to have? no, i really do believe there is something called \"chemistry\". thats the starting point.
p.s. i was kidding abt being one of the \"good looking...\" but not abt the \"little grey matter\":)
Srinu

by Joan of Arc » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:09 pm

Hey u have contradicted yourself, haven\'t u? I\'d be a little wary of talking to a good-looking guy/girl initially, coz a lot of them are conscious of their looks and I\'ve had a couple of experiences wherein I\'ve found them condescending. I\'m not branding them all, but its just an observation.
Joan of Arc

by Sher » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:34 pm

hey srinu..
no need to be scared of..just becoz of the name..
thats just a nick i got in college and i like to carry it around just to keep a thing of wonderful years i spent there
with me always.
anyway getting down to ur point that i for once said that \"looks do matter\" and then ended by saying that\"its wats inside that matters\"..did u miss all the other lines i had written in between?
Regarding the \"hoors with langoor\" ..it might be becoz we like to see it that way..try thinking abt it.
I \'again\' would like to emphasis that u can\'t ignore the looks but wat will captivate ultimately is the grey matter .

p.s : i have written the last sentence just to help people don\'t get the wrong meaning that i contradict myself by shiftin from one stand to another.
:-)
Sher

by Sama » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:07 pm

With the only problem that you\'re a little of a self dubba srinu :P Quite an interesting train of thoughts out there. I agree with u Joan! And Im female too :)
Sama

Return to Human Relationships