Monday, 13 May 2024 »  Login
in

Love .. or timepass ?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Love .. or timepass ?

by Curious » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:08 pm

There is this friend of mine, who says that you can love more than one person of the opposite sex in your life, simultaneously. He believes it and practices it. He has two girls who he keeps sending love messages to, every day. One of them is about to get married to someone else, the other cannot marry him due to her family restrictions i.e he has no commitment to make with either of them. He knows it, they know it too. But they professed love to each other ( him and each girl, independently ). Obviously one girl does not know about the other.. He takes care of that.

While the ethics of both the girls are in question, what I'm more interested in is psychology of this guy. What makes him do it. Is he a casanova ? He seems quite earnest about both of them. I mean, he likes them, treats them as his best friends, loves them and shows it. Is it ethical, the right thing to do ?
Curious

Re: Love .. or timepass ?

by Portuguese Man-Of-War » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:13 pm

Curious wrote:There is this friend of mine, who says that you can love more than one person of the opposite sex in your life, simultaneously. He believes it and practices it. He has two girls who he keeps sending love messages to, every day. One of them is about to get married to someone else, the other cannot marry him due to her family restrictions i.e he has no commitment to make with either of them. He knows it, they know it too. But they professed love to each other ( him and each girl, independently ). Obviously one girl does not know about the other.. He takes care of that.
While the ethics of both the girls are in question, what I'm more interested in is psychology of this guy. What makes him do it. Is he a casanova ? He seems quite earnest about both of them. I mean, he likes them, treats them as his best friends, loves them and shows it. Is it ethical, the right thing to do ?

He is just a poor confused idiot who did not know he was making a mistake when he did it - confusing it for machismo - and is now delaying the inevitable :D.
Portuguese Man-Of-War

Re: Love .. or timepass ?

by exhydi » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:31 pm

Curious wrote:There is this friend of mine, who says that you can love more than one person of the opposite sex in your life, simultaneously. He believes it and practices it. He has two girls who he keeps sending love messages to, every day. One of them is about to get married to someone else, the other cannot marry him due to her family restrictions i.e he has no commitment to make with either of them. He knows it, they know it too. But they professed love to each other ( him and each girl, independently ). Obviously one girl does not know about the other.. He takes care of that.

Let's see, one girl is getting married to someone else and the other girl knows she can't marry him, but both want to have a relationship with him? Well, it seems the guy has SOME charm!
exhydi

by Aishwarya » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:37 am

All the three are happy, right... why sweat? There are far more unethical things going on in this world, why bother about such trivialities.... This guy is not causing heartache to any of them, atleast not purposefully, then how does it matter?
Aishwarya

by kriii » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:02 pm

we hope that on tommorro stands we dont find the news of suicide by these people,

by the way ,how can he love two young buddies at the same time and how can he manage time.

as earlier said, he is idiot or a genious who is living on the edge.
kriii

Lord Krishna

by VJ » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:53 pm

kriii wrote:by the way ,how can he love two young buddies at the same time and how can he manage time. as earlier said, he is idiot or a genious who is living on the edge.
Forgot about the Lord Krishna, he had around 16000 girl friends...... :lol: He is in your name Krishna.... :lol:

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

by Bubbles » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:06 pm

Trouble will start brewing once these girls get married. Don't see how they can continue their affair with him once they start living with another person. They wil have torn lives .. one a secret one ( though more cherished ) with their lover and another with the husband. I believe it has to end some day.. Best way would be if they just forget about each other and live in reality.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Bubbles

by krishna » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:48 pm

yeah,lord krishna lived on the edge,kicked by sathyabhama.

he too found it hard, what about mortals like us, we dont have chance.

neways a great risk,if he comes succesful, we can make a movie out of it.
krishna

by exhydi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:41 pm

neways a great risk,if he comes succesful, we can make a movie out of it.

One thing for sure...he is spicing up his life with variety :)
exhydi

Variety

by VJ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 pm

exhydi wrote:One thing for sure...he is spicing up his life with variety :)

He should be careful not to get too spicy which burns everything......... :lol:

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

by Indy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:07 pm

Well, well, doesn't look like he'll get much farther than text messaging in the forseeable future, and maybe some 'coffee time', so unless he's already gotten what he may want, he may be out of luck (depending on the character of the girls in questions).
Wake up and smell the coffee!http://sahyadri.aidindia.org/ Volunteer today for a better India tomorrow.
Indy

by Dr No » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:47 pm

He is a GUY... that makes him do that.

Even ur wife is aishwarya rai.. u will look @ bipasa/ nicole kidman.

Its quiet obvious dude. Do u just like only a single girl? Cmn... be truthful.

Yes many ppl like to have fun.

Many girls like to go out..n show off that they had a boyfrnd.

they dont want to get into relationship... just timepass..

Its the nature of gals.

U should also agree that girls once they commit they stick to it

unlike guys who have a wavering type of mind(ofcourse there are

Xceptions to each n everything... I dont want to argue)

So this is clear-cut scenario....

This is just my opinion .....
Dr No

Return to Human Relationships