Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Is this Marriage?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Is this Marriage?

by need guidance » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:07 pm

I am a Muslim girl and my Boyfriend of 3 years is a Hindu. We both met eachother 5 yrs ago and were in unhappy marriage. We decided to divorce our respective partners and get together as non of us were happy and were suffering.

In short, due to some family reasons neither of us got a divorce till date.

We broke up last year for 4 months and i really fell sick. He came back apologising and promised to marry me. To finalize our relationship he said we will go to Haridwar and decided based on what result we get there. There he took me to Har ki pauri - After Ganga Aarti, a pujari ji offered to do the pooja for us. Standing in Ganga River, Pujari ji asked us what was our relationship and my guy said we were husband and wife. ( i wispered what he was doing, as it was a sacred place, and he said nothing left - isn't that what you are). During the puja, the pujari ji asked me to wash my husbands feet ( i looked at my guy for assurance), he smiled so i did wash his feet. Then the Pujari asked us to hold Ganga Jal and recite some sanskrit vows after him, at the end he asked my guy to put the sindoor on my head and i refused (saying that this is one thing i would want the family to witness). Pujari ji said its not good for a married girl to stay with out sindoor, but we managed to give an excuse. After that everything went amazingly well, we visited all the Mandirs and My Dargahs..everywhere he prayed with me - and asked for eachother till death.

NOW the question is was this a normal puja??? Are we considered married - witness of the Divine GOddess???

I am stuck, unsure what the relationship is? Please advise as i feel really guilty and my heart says yes, but am not sure.
need guidance

Re: Is this Marriage?

by Hyderabadi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 pm

If you are not happy then leave him and go back to your family. You was muslim and its look like your heart cannot want to change what you were. You should listen to your family and try to be make tauba what you did and ask Allah to guide you.
Hyderabadi

by uzma » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 pm

hey,Best thing for you ,is to get into registered marriage....

Philosophically marriage is ...union of two souls...
religiously.....its series of rituals...
Legaly........ its the court mariage.
uzma

by swetthambari » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 pm

dear uzma
sorry to hurt you but then every marriage is a coffin of love take care of your physical health and mental peace. no body is yours except your cheerfullness do not loose it no matter what ever tries to tumble it
swetthambari

Return to Human Relationships