Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

do u express ur love?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

do u express ur love?

by seeker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi,

I keep wondering looking at the couples around me.. how important is it to express ur love.

I'v been married for some months now.. there was no flirting or anything romantic about the relationship.. he thinks that its too kiddish to do so. At a dinner, we discuss future.. careers.. friends.. family.. etc . My fantasies about the romantic relationship started dropping long ago. I thought it would take some time to build the romance but it never happened. Till date i dont know if he loves me enuf... or loves me at all.. he says he loves me after a fight as if to end the fight or avoid an upcoming one. Coz.. as i see most of our fights are rooted in this insecurity of mine..
seeker

Re: do u express ur love?

by Mithu Hiranand » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Hello there. Words are not needed to express love. It is the mutual respect and thinking of each other at all times which is important. I have been married 30 years and my wife still expects me to tell her the three magic words. Men are too shy to utter these words although they know the importance of these three magic words. If your husband cares for you and does not desrespect you in anyway you should consider that he too loves you. In due course you will realise this. The best thing is to be happy at al times and have a good understanding. Try being jovial and crack jokes on and off. A smile on your face...........and positive vibrations will be good. :)
Mithu Hiranand

by seeker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Thank u very much for ur response, Mithu.

I desperately keep looking for a sign that he truly cares about me. I feel any of my friends/colleagues care more about me. He respects himself more than anyone else and has a short temper. As per him, this 'thinking about each other' stuff is only a waste of time.. and does'nt work in a long run. He is very jovial and that is what keeps up my spirit. Before marriage, he had a long relationship which could not get converted into a marriage. He was totally broken and depressed after that. Could that be a reason or is he just being a Man.. :)
seeker

by Mithu Hiranand » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 am

Yes. That could be one of the reasons. Try going out of station with him and try keeping him company as long as possible. It will take some time for him to overcome his predicament about his previous relationship and finally he will come back to you. Have patience. There is a certain age when a man tends to loose his temper without realising the damage he is doing to the other person. A time will come when he will realise his follies. So dont give up or dont get desperate. Try looking at it as an examination which u have to face and surely pass. Negative thoughts should not overtake ur mind. Good Luck.
Mithu Hiranand

by azsu » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Imo it's better to express ur feelings. Showing attitude, saying words or do the things you feel the other person deserves. Showing some feelings will only have positive results. :)
azsu

by Raj » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 am

once you are married and start living under the same roof, love is expressed in many different forms....it may be not that always the partner comes and says "ILU" or get gifts, cards , etc....but it may be things like
1. Matching his/her office timings to suit yours so tht u can travel together
2. Ensuring that the work at home is shared so that the partner is not too stressed out
3. if u have kids, then taking care of the kids and doing things like changing nappies, giving them bath, dropping them at school, etc

many such forms are there...i dont know what more to say but this is also the concern that i have "seeker"
Raj

Return to Human Relationships