Tuesday, 21 May 2024 »  Login
in

Public Gardens

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Public Gardens

by Amit » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:01 am

Yesterday one of my friends came from my hometown and I\'ve taken him to show the Assembly in the late evening and we went to the Public Gardens. There the behaviour of men was really strange. They seem to be as if looking for some one and waiting for some one. Every one looking at everyone. I was really amazed. One person was standing near the wall. The moment I came near to him he began to walk across the road and came to me looking straight into my eyes. I didn\'t understand what happened to him and why he is looking at me like that. I was walking along the road. He followed me and after noticing this I turned back and stood there. He came near to me and I was looking into his eyes with angry. He went out from there. There are no lights in public gardens. I\'ve seen men joining in pairs and involved in romantic mood. Later on what I came to know is that they are gays and Public gardens have become public gay dens. I was really wondered that why a place alloted for the families to relax and for the entertainment of people became like this. Somebody should take action on this. I really wonder that why nobody has ever noticed about this. I\'ve seen middle aged men coming to there and involved in sexual acts. It was really vulgar to see. I finished my visit to the public gardens abruptly and returned back and I\'ve taken my friends to somewhere to let him not to know this part of Hyderabad.
Amit

Public Gardens

by hardcoder » Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:33 pm

Scary, but not unusual. When I was working in Bangalore in 2002, I heard that Cubbon park was infested with gays and that police were more interested in rounding male couples than female prostitutes trying to solicit clients. I knew that this had to come sometime to Hyderabad, lol. Sorry to hear about the rotten experience you had to go through :)
hardcoder

Public Gardens

by innoc_dev » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:34 pm

you say, you have already seen some old men coming to public gardens and havin some thing ..........and still you go to public gardens....., n above all u complain?.....hey man whats up with you....dont forget society will blame you, take care!!!!!
innoc_dev

Public Gardens

by ravi » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:08 am

so atlast the gays in india are getting encouraged by the western culture and started doing things publicly. thanks to the western culture which brought nothing but such cheap and rotten things into our society.
ravi

Public Gardens

by ravi » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:10 am

if any of the readers know anybody in the police department please ask them to take some action so that this will not spread into other areas.
thankyou
ravi

Public Gardens

by hardcoder » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:31 pm

gays have always been active in every culture especially in the indian culture (check out the caves in khajuraho). ravi, you\'re a frog in the well if you say that the western culture has brought nothing but this. if you\'ve used trains before, or the postal system, well, you\'re using what the britishers laid for us. homosexuality, incest, lesbianism and pedophilia have always existed in India, its just that it never comes out in the open that makes everyone think India is devoid of all this.
hardcoder

Public Gardens

by ravi » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:26 am

hey hardcoder , you are talking about the british and I am talking about USA , where u have gay capital cities like San Francisco etc, where they are proud of being gays. why do u bring the history , when I am talking about the present that happening in USA and now in india?
ravi

Return to Local Problems/Issues