Saturday, 18 May 2024 »  Login
in

Thoughts

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Thoughts

by Maid\'en_India » Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:48 pm

I ride to work...The other day there were these 2 guys who started trailing me...At one of the signals they started making some very lewd comments.....Ok I know eve-teasing is not new to a woman but I was wondering what to do.....Why is it that women just have to pretend that they don\'t exist and get on with life? Dramatic as this may sound I wish all eve-teasers would realise that there\'s a human at the other end....
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
Maid\'en_India

Thoughts

by Dart » Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:22 pm

Dear Lady - As you said Eve teasing is not new however it is not in fashion these days I suppose - it is a rare sight now a days. The reason could be that people are getting more decent or having a lot to do to concentrate on such things or that it is not as spicy as it used to be. Your reaction was pretty cool I guess because silence kills many sentiments and is the best tool. It has got nothing to do with the existence of woman. The very existence of mankind is the solid evidence of the existence of Woman.
Dart

Thoughts

by Peeping Tom » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:49 pm

please beleive me,Girls want more eve teasing now a days. please understand.MY feelings my dear dont beleive external skin. ok????
Peeping Tom

Thoughts

by RP » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:55 pm

Maid, Dart is right. Things have gotten so much better of late. But it is easy for us to say since we have not been at the receiving end of what you had to. Take comfort in this .. sooner or later, those specific guys you mentioned will certainly have shoe marks on their faces. I always wondered myself how women put up with this crap. But I was comforted to learn that most women treat these morons as non-existent stinking garbage and walk away with little to no emotion. I too want to watch a beautiful woman. Appreciating beauty is one thing but \"lewding\" it out is another. You sure have to muster strength to report these idiots if this thing repeats itself. I bet there are many women\'s organizations just to handle such non-sense? Or am I being naive? Thanks.
RP

Thoughts

by Maid\'en_India » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:43 pm

Thanx for the responses, Dart and RP. Tom...I didn\'t get what u were trying to say......The \"mahila mandals\" probably get a million cases like this every day....I dunno about them but I guess like one of u said....its best to ignore crappy ppl.......Its heartening to note guys feel strongly about this issue...Thanx again...
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
Maid\'en_India

Return to Local Problems/Issues