Tuesday, 21 May 2024 »  Login
in

ICICI Bank Customer-NO-Service

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by RP » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:50 pm

Has anybody used their services? They put up these great downloads on their webpage and when you fill out a form and take it to their office they say, \"Sorry, we need originals.\" Another thing I experienced is that they take forever to deposit funds into your account. Do NRIs really want a few extra paise in exchange rate for putting up with this crap? Any thoughts? I\'ve seen several hundred men and women flock at their bank branches in India recently. That is when I realized, \"The more you serve, the cheaper you get.\" Hey ICICI - can you hear me?
RP

by What Iz It ? » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:20 am

what is Customer-NO-Service ? i just go and take a ICICI DD in Rupees and send to India.
ZEE: the Colossus
What Iz It ?

by Shaad-Aabaad » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:46 pm

Well, I have been a victim too. They literally made me cry when I opened an NRI account here from Dubai. I had to do a lot of convincing just to send the ATM card/cheque book to my address in HYD rather then it being sent here. Besides, it took the dumb Customer service agents 5-6 emails to understand what I wanted and another 5-6 emails to make them do it!! And who said they give a good exchange rate? Except for once, they have always given me a rate that is a good 8-10 paise below the market rate. Besides, the customer service team here is very rude and unhelpful. I have written to the NRI Manager many times telling him about this but it has had no effect. Customer dis-service at its best....
Shaad-Aabaad

by RP » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Okay What Iz It. You will learn soon. By ggod exchange rate, I mean the rate they offer compared with Citibank or SBI or whoever. Of course, it HAS to be less than the market rate fixed by RBI (of course determined by the demand for $s and Rupees). That is how they make the money.
RP

by Burp » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:11 am

When compared - things might look better...compare ICICI with customer service at SBI or Canara banks
Burp

by Sat » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:52 am

The unfortunate part with ICICI is that they started off as one private bank in india, who would offer personalised service, but due to their aggresive marketing they built up so many customers during last few yrs that, I wonder if they even remember their earlier strategy / focus area.
Sat

by RP » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:28 pm

Yes Burp, except that having 200 people to provide \'customer service\' is no good if one simple issue (such as using their own forms on the internet) cannot be handled properly.
RP

Return to Local Problems/Issues