Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

Mehdipatnam Area has become too Congested

Problems with inefficient/corrupt officers? Cheated by someone? Complaints about the administration? Get heard by the city here!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Mehdipatnam Area has become too Congested

by Mehdipatnam Area » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:16 pm

OH My God Yaar Really Mehdipatnam Area has become very congested in the recent times. Lot of people are coming and lot of new development is taking place in Mehdipatnam Area.

So Anybody from Mehdipatnam Area Speak Out...........
Mehdipatnam Area

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:36 pm

speak out what? :? for or against the development?
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by soulcurry » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:45 pm

Which area is not congested, tell me ? Colonies which were once calm

residential areas where retired people preferred to settle are now choc a bloc with vehicles, tutorials and worse tiffin centres. I was in Hyd recently and every galli in our colony has a tiffin centre . What is behind Hyd and this sudden proliferation of tiffin centres inside residential colonies? Is there anything that can be done about them? The crowds thronging them

block roads and jam the traffic flow.
soulcurry

by CtrlAltDel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:18 pm

soulcurry wrote:...I was in Hyd recently and every galli in our colony has a tiffin centre . What is behind Hyd and this sudden proliferation of tiffin centres inside residential colonies? Is there anything that can be done about them? The crowds thronging them block roads and jam the traffic flow.
well...the more the population, the more the demand for tiffins....that xplns the tiffin centers...
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by KK » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:33 pm

food always sells! I will have a restaurant as my side business sometime down the years.
KK

by CtrlAltDel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:04 pm

i plan to make it my fulltime business in abt 5-8 years :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Crowded Mehdipatnam

by Vikas » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:30 pm

The reason of being Mehdipatnam crowded is..

1)absolute senseless bus drivers..who run their buses like crazy and stand side by side on crowded road...

2)the fruit sellers....why not to have a separate fruit market?? why to keep these hawkers on the roads??

3)no Subway for people to cross the road...can somebody comment why there is no Subway for people to cross road???

Fullhyd.com is popular...hope any MCH or responsible authority also read this...
Vikas

Re: Crowded Mehdipatnam

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 am

Vikas wrote:...3)no Subway for people to cross the road...can somebody comment why there is no Subway for people to cross road???
:lol: have u seen the subways at RTC X Road and Koti? they mostly lie closed after beggars, anti-socials and prostitutes took over those depths.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

MPX ...

by HH » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:24 am

MPX ...

- Gateway To Visa Balaji ... CHILKUR ... To Golkonda ... To Gandipet ... People Throng Here
- Gateway To HiTech City ... To HCU ... To Lingampally ... People Crowd Here
- To One Corner Tiffin Room ... Swagruha Foods ... Foodies' Paradise ... People LIVE Here ... Capital Of The New World ... To The West ... Better Than The Best!
- Rythu Bazar / Amba 70 MM / Super Bazar(s) ... Magnets To Attract ...
- Only 7 Seaters Have Been Pushed Out Of The Scene ... They Have Been Replaced By The "Autos" ...
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by smack » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:25 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:i plan to make it my fulltime business in abt 5-8 years :D

Me too but hopefully in 2-3 years
Taking girls out and doing things?? Naaaah
Prefer taking them in and undoing things...
smack

Re: Mehdipatnam Area has become too Congested

by Abdul haleem Arshad » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 am

Salamalikum to everybody.

well, i am from Mehdipatnam - Dilshad nagar colony, all i can say about Bandiwalas, fruit sellers, they come out on the roads, nevertheless traffic is more at mehdipatnam, and iam not against this poor bandiwalas, but we have to observe certain rules in order to maintain our city in a better organised way.

Governement should do something to this fruit and vegetalbe venders, instead of selling on the roads side, they should get some space within the area and strictly adhere the rules, they should come on the roads, this can happend if our police do it seriously, but our police mashallah, they expect something from these venders, so noting gonna happend.

Iam working in Saudi arabia, we have to make our country our city atleast 50% similar.

lets do something
Abdul haleem Arshad

Re: Mehdipatnam Area has become too Congested

by pax indiana » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:12 pm

There is no end in sight to the problems that Hyderabad is facing. Let me summarize what is wrong.

Firstly where the hell are the pedestrians supposed to walk. They have no place to walk. 90 % roads do not have footpath and wherever there is footpath, the hawker encroach it like it is their birthright. No traffic police officer has guts to deal with hawkers. What a shame on traffic police. Instead of removing hawkers they will ask them money and in lieu of money they will allow them to stay. The traffic police is corrupt and rotten to the core. All they do is stop innocent people randomly and ask money (not even papers). Even if papers are right they will say you broke some rule / no helmet or any thing. The traffic police ask pollution certificates to clean vehicles but they have no problem with autorickshaws emitting black smoke or two wheelers without silencer running on kerosene. Traffic police officers who demand money or accept money should be reported and sacked immediately. They are always rude, corrupt and the scariest people on Hyderabad roads. They always punish innocent and let go of violators. They have no credibility whatsoever. Coming back to footpaths and hawkers. Why are hawkers even tolerated by administration. In no civilized city in the world, can hawkers be accepted. In Hyderabad they occupy prime land and make it useless.

Secondly the rules. Are they supposed to be followed. Auto rickshaws have the right to take any turn and stop anywhere even right in the middle of anywhere. Their radius of curvature is so small they can kill motorcyclists and scratch all the cars. And they wont even bother to stop. To top it all they will emit the worst kind of smoke ever possible. They are rude and may ask any rate and have no meter as prescribed by law. They do not have to stop at any stop sign or red light. They are the real agents of hell in Hyderabad - 3 wheel autos. They should be banned immediately just like in Mumbai. Or at least they should be made to follow all rules in letter and spirit.

Thirdly the city planners. What exactly is their job. To dig up the roads and lay concrete, then dig up once again and then make a flyover. It is totally sad to see that very few flyovers serve any purpose at all. The mehdipatnam flyover is one such case. To ease people going out of the city. Nobody bothers what happens below. Mehdipatnam is a hell hole where no civilization appears possible. No footpath, plenty of hawkers, corrupt officials, no defined bus stops, people walking all over the place, no traffic signals - absolutely nothing. The city should have multiple roads to reach one place - so a city should be like like grid. Hyderabadis believe the the city should be based on hub and spoke framework. Even when new area develop in Hyderabad, it just becomes another hub and no grid ever materializes. Rectangular grids have been proven world over to be the best way to go. The problem here is that there are too few arterial routes and lot of blood supposed to flow - wtf.

Then lastly religious places - where no one ever goes. No administration has the guts or writ to relocate religious places even if they are right in the middle of an arterial road. There are so many competing temples and mosques all over the city in the middle of the road situations. No body in 100 years ever visits these places because of the stench and the dust and smoke and the traffic. Some of them are just a stone with sindoor on it. Why cannot they be relocated or destroyed for the benefit of public. What kind of an administration do we have. What is the reason they exist - just to give more sops and incentives give false promises. the administration does not even have the guts to widen the roads. No tree plantation drive or eco drive is ever undertaken.

The public transport is virtually non existent in Hyderabad. So people have to increasingly rely on shared autos on which even 10 people can hang dangerously. No police will ever stop them because these are poor people just going somewhere. Why cannot their be affordable public transport for the entire city. Why cant the buses be improved and made more abundant and accessible. Why cant the bus stops be well defined instead of just stopping anywhere. Why cant the buses stop at a atop for more that 5 seconds. People have to run or take a leap of life to catch an already overcrowded bus. The bus drivers do not have courtesy to stop for even old people who can just walk.

It is very very very sad that Hyderabad despite it glamor and glitz and big companies cannot be called a civilized city by any means. It has the potential to out grow major cities of the west but it can never do that because of the traffic and the town planning. It is more sad that it is disgusting. It has sewer flowing on main roads, corrupt incompetent officials, hawkers and beggars occupying the main roads, no rules apply, no traffic signals. This city is going straight to hell and like an ever fattening fat lady will choke itself due to its own growth.
pax indiana

Return to Local Problems/Issues