Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

Bad influence of Bollywood on the younger generation of Hyde

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by majid Hasan » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:30 am

Salamz..
As each of us know that hyderabad is loosing it\'s traditional values day after day...As a matter of fact,our indian movies are greatly responsible for this.The so called Hyderabadi youths are day by day trying to get westernised in each and every aspect of life and therby loosing one of the precious tradition which isn\'t anymore followed by none of our young generation..It\'s we who can keep up the tradition.One of the reasons the younger generation is ruined or destroyed is by our movies in which there are some obscene scenes too.This has a negative impact on the youth.They just try to follow that movie and try to look cool.
majid Hasan

by Inquilabi,. » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

It is definitely not the movies.
It is the direct result of the illiteracy on part of the parents.Ask any parents what they know of their own culture and what they have parted on their offsprings.
The morals and values that were cherished one time are lost due to the last two generations trying to ape the west.
The first thing that will tell you of this is the way we dress and the next the way we talk .
What has become important in our lives now and what should have been, we do not have time to take a moment\'s break and reflect upon it.
I could go on and on and in depth with valid proof of my perceptions but i think it\'s of no vail.
Inquilabi,.

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

Blame, Blame, Blame – until when? The steady deterioration in moral and cultural values cannot be solely attributed to the influx of Western Culture through TV and other Media. Western culture, obscene movies have always been there and in our times too. (Remember: Blow Hot Blow Cold, released in 1973). The responsibility of inculcating moral, spiritual and cultural values in children lies with parents. The child learns by watching his/her parents. How can we do that in this era? Mom’s busy watching those endless soaps, movies on TV, Dad gets glued when ever there is a cricket match and when there isn’t one, he is watching MTV etc. Poor little Johnny has no other choice but to join the bandwagon! Are we giving enough time and attention to our children? Just try to remember when was the last time we read a story to our kids or talked to them about our growing days, fairy tales etc etc. We are simply not in contact with them anymore. And by the time we realize that they are not growing the way we wanted or the way we grew, it’s too late. It’s a wake-up call for all of us. If we don’t mend our ways and start behaving like Parents, if we don’t monitor the physical and spiritual development of our kids, if we don’t create a healthy atmosphere in our homes, then we don’t have any right to lament or comment on the way kids are growing and behaving these days, because it is we who chose this path - the path of destruction.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by Radha » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

Kulcha bhai, yes you are absoutely right, we should not blame any one. We are the one who choose the way. If the kids do some thing good we say \" HAMARI TARBIYAT HAI\" \"BETA KISKA HAI\" etc.... and if they behave bad why \"BOLLYWOOD\" why dont you say \"HAMARI TARBIYAT HAI\"??? Yes, if they behave bad or good \'HAMARI TARBIYAT HAI\'. Only parents are responsible for the way the kids are bahaving.
Radha

by Bhaimiya » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

I agree with the comments of Kulcha and Radha. Congratulations for good comments.
Bhaimiya

by Naz » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

I wish we as parents would remeber that if we do not value our traditions and adhere to them, our children will not do it,too. I need to make sure that I stand up for high morals regardless of what is shown on TV or by the soo called in crowd. If I don\'t follow what I preach and show my children the consequences of being otherwise, I end up losing not only my children but also my own self respect. But it seems that these days I am one of the few cos I really have to talk to my children as there are no role models or elders who will give them the right direction. It is good to blame the environment and the media but have I ever looked at what I can do myself.
Naz

by Inquilabi. » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:30 am

Some how i have a feeling that \"Radha\" is our didi HINA!!
Inquilabi.

by Guest » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:30 am

I agree with you.

by Bhaimiya » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:30 am

Inquilabi: No Radha is not Hina, coz I know Radha since 4 or 5 months and we used to chat on hyderabad.tv chat room and I am the one who gave Radha the fullhyd site address. FYI we used to chat on that site everyday about sher and shayeri and we have lot of friends on that site, but that site is no longer working.
Bhaimiya

by Radha » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:30 am

Bhaimiya thank you.
Radha

Uday: If u feel happy, we are also happy (I mean Radha and myself)
Bhaimiya

Kulcha bhai: Are you agree that Radha and myself is same person?
Bhaimiya

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:30 am

Definitely not. The difference is obvious. No way, it cant be one person. By the way, must you respond to all snide remarks? Just ignore them. You cant please them all.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

Thanks Kulcha bhai and I appreciate very much your advice.
Bhaimiya

by Radha » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:30 am

jawanoan se hamaari dosti kyaa hui---Taadaad dushmanoN ki badti chali gai
Radha

by lucifer in disguise » Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:30 am

so whats your point kulchaa.......?
lucifer in disguise

by niru » Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:30 am

Hai radha and bhaimiya good comments from u.. nice.. I also used to chat on Hyderabad.tv .. but it is bad that it is not working now.. Any new Hyd sites that offer chatting?
niru

by Bhaimiya » Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:30 am

Niru: Nice to hear from you buddy. One site is under construction and that one is hyderabadchat.com
Bhaimiya

by cacofonus » Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:30 am

bhai majid hasan..kya chahta hai tu...bollywood ko ban kiya jaaye kya...sare satellite channel ban kar diya jaaye...english medium schools band kar do aur apne apne traditional regional languages mein padana chalu kar do....
mai to bolta hu ki..remove all the telugu medium schools in AP...which r of no use..once the student finishes his 12th and wanna go for higher studies except for if he want t become a telugu pundit...
nuthin has bad influence man...even if it has its the person who has to control...don blame on western civilisation bhai..they never asked u to follow it...its u who is imitating.....
------tell me one thing...what kinda clothes do u wear...dhoti kurta pehenta hai ya....pant shirt....iam 100% confident that u don like to wear dhoti kurta as our tradition says...
what say ppl...
cacofonus

by Ucchu Mian » Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:30 am

For some problems there is no solution - this one is one among them. Its part of our life. We can not isolate ourselves nor enjoy the capacity to control them. The best we can do is to be a role model for our youngsters / childrens by practicing and demonstrating how to maintain our own values, pick the Good from the lot. This is a challenge and tough indeed. I firmly believe that YOU ARE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE. Its human nature to find reasons to safely hide the weaknesses. This message is in general and I do not intend to target any individual.
Ucchu Mian

Re: Bad influence of Bollywood on the younger generation of

by someone with something to say » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:23 am

Yes, Bollywood is a bad influence for many in our country, not only in Hyderabad. A country where people are crazy about actors, especially Salman Khan. The people who do not have anybody to look up to, take inspiration from Bollywood actors. The roles given to these superstars causes a huge difference. In most of the movies in Bollywood, girls are used like tissue paper by boys.
Eg 1: In the movie 'Rascals' Kangana Ranaut is looked at as a dumb girl, a sex object by superstars Ajay Devagn and Sanjay Dutt who are an inspiration for many youngsters.
Eg 2: In the movie 'cocktail' the so called moral is that a guy can sleep with as many gals as he wants but can still get a good gal but if a gal sleeps with many guys she is spoilt and characterless and can't get any good guy.
And I couldn't believe the fact that my friends actually liked this movie!
After somedays, one of my friends comes up to me, and she says her boyfriend said "Hey girl, you're so boring, be like Deepika, you can use and throw me, no serious relationships"
Guys! This is what I'm talking about, this is the bad influence of Bollywood.
Bollywood should make more movies like "Barfi", "Black", "Zindagi na milegi dobaara" where girls were well respected, the guys were well behaved, plus the movies were actually meaningful! They had a beautiful morals.
Movies with no moral, like "Rascals", "Cocktails" shouldn't be made. The directors should know about how such movies are a bad influence for the today's youth.
someone with something to say

Return to Special Interest Groups