Monday, 13 May 2024 »  Login
in

Writing Workshop

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Writing Workshop

by Writer » Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:30 am

I intend to conduct a writing workshop: creative and business, if there are only enough interested ones to go around, during Summer holidays. Any takers can leave their e-mail IDs. I will contact everyone the moment there are 10 budding writers showing interest.
Writer

Writing Workshop

by Writer » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:30 am

I read the intro lines on the home page for my entry. I read some of the reviews these writers put up - and would anyday consider it an honor to be even able to match their writings, much less so have such bright youngsters as students.
Writer

Writing Workshop

by NG Satish » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:30 am

i am interested in the workshop. Where is it going to be held?
NG Satish

Writing Workshop

by The fullhyd.com moderator » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:30 am

Dear Writer: Thanks for making us feel so good! At fullhyd.com, it has been our policy from day one to have writers with a high degree of maturity, exceptional general awareness, a great sense of humor, an ability to think out of the box and a tendency to put things in the appropriate perspective, so our readers always get credible and dependable opinions. Unfortunately, we never manage to get such writers, so we have to make do with these second rate hacks. It\'s nice that their efforts are finally getting recognized - \'cos they indeed put in a lot of effort. Arpan Panicker, for instance, watches each movie thrice before reviewing it - not because he likes to analyze every nuance of filmmaking in the flick, but because he\'s convinced that if he\'s paid Rs. 8 for parking his bike, then he should get his money\'s worth by parking it there at least for 10 hours. Amit Alampally, on the other hand, writes each article 3 times. His first attempt makes sense only to people with a 200-250 IQ, the second to people with a 100-150 IQ, and the third to people with a 0-50 IQ. This is when the editor of fullhyd.com finally understands it, and therefore approves it. Smriti Kashyap, however, knows exactly about the IQ of the fullhyd.com editor, and therefore takes just about 20 minutes to key in a review. She\'s however never quite figured out how MS Word works, and therefore takes 180 minutes to format the review so it is all in the same font and, more importantly, in the same document. But in terms of sheer effort, Chinmayi takes the cake. Since the time we commissioned her last article, she\'s prepared for and taken her second year degree exams, acted in a play, learnt French (well, she can now say her name in French), tried the same with CAT math with lesser success, and gotten her bike repaired 279 times - despite our telling her that she didn\'t have to put so much effort into writing a review. The review, incidentally, is still due.<br>As you can see, therefore, a few words of praise were very much in due. They\'ll make the guys go that extra mile, put in that extra effort ...and get that extra bit delayed :). Cheers, and on a more serious note, thanks a bunch!
The fullhyd.com moderator

Writing Workshop

by Avinash Tadimalla » Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:30 am

Absolutely! I always wanted to write, only, I\'ve never been able to get past the problem of getting someone to read it. So, this is a godsend, as far as I am concerned. Count me in!
I\'ve just begun work on my homepage, actually, http://www.employees.org/~tadima...that\'s roughly how terrible I am, in case someone out there is curious.
Avinash Tadimalla

Writing Workshop

by Arpan Panicker » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

This is what we guys who keep the readers in splits get... Talk about payback! Incidentally, my cheque is due!
Arpan Panicker

Writing Workshop

by cool dude » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

hey someone gimme smriti kashyaps mail id please!!!!we are gonna starta fan club soon for her!!!
cool dude

Writing Workshop

by cool dude » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

dear arpan if u are paid peanuts u will get monkeys as the old adage goes....what says u?
cool dude

Writing Workshop

by Lavanya » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

Speaking of writing :-), could somebody PLEASE change the Nee Thodu Kaavali feature writeup? Every time I see the \'fresh bowl of puke\' thing, that\'s what I feel like doing (yucky!!) . I\'m beginning to dread the home page now.
Lavanya

Writing Workshop

by Lavanya » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

Writer !! I would love to signup. My mail-id is star12321@rediffmail.com. Please keep me informed
Lavanya

Writing Workshop

by Writer » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

I am not sure where to hold it. Firstly, it will be free. So maybe even my home. And ideally during the weekends. I wish to reiterate, it is not an \"English\" classroom. It is a creative writing workshop.
Writer

Writing Workshop

Going by your email ID, I guess I will \"start\" with you. Sure. Thanks for the response.
Writer

Writing Workshop

Reminds me to have a section on \"use or not of cliches\" in my workshop.
Writer

Writing Workshop

Dear Cool Dude
I share your sentiments, but perhaps not your choice of venue to air the view. Probably a new strand in the forum would be more apt. If nothing, it would give your feeling the appropriate weightage.
Writer

Writing Workshop

by Kishore Kadiyala » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

So fullhyd.com pays peanuts, is it? But how does cool dude know?
Kishore Kadiyala

Writing Workshop

by Arpan » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:30 am

I agree o mysterious writer who remains anonymous... And after being publicly labelled a hack, the least I can do is enroll... count me in! And peanuts or not, it never hurts to get better at writing if you work for fullHYD...
Arpan

Writing Workshop

by Sravan » Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:30 am

hey guys well i will be always there to write something for fullhyd.com....so just count me in :))
Sravan

Writing Workshop

by pallavi » Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:30 am

hi..i am very much interested in ur workshop...as i have already been dabbling in poetry and other works...plz do inform me when and where....
pallavi

Writing Workshop

by Amit Alampally » Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:30 am

If Arpan starts \"Panicking\" and queues up for the workshop. Am I left with too much of a choice?
Amit Alampally

Writing Workshop

by smriti hee hee kashyap » Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:30 am

hey guys!
what was that posting about opening a fan club for Smriti Kashyap? i ama regular reader of her stuff and think that she is wonderful! she has a great sense of humour, is very witty, sometimes sarcastic but certainly witty and cute, and terrific and fantastic. she also has a cool sense of writing the right things at the right time - i.e a great sense of timing which sets her apart. she is a compassionate person who loves animals and wants to dedicate her life to protecting the seal pups in the west coast of Macha Oucha.

all said and done she is the best person to have a fan club for!
so can i please please be president?
smriti hee hee kashyap

Writing Workshop

by Writer » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:30 am

Hi All,
I see a lot has already been written. The numbers are adding up to. Two Points.
One: The reason I choose to remain anonymous is my belief let my writing speak, and to avoid people who know me personally to avoid enrolling for the heck of \"me\".
Two: I shall make a few preparations and get back before Wednesday evening about some details.
Thanks a ton
Writer

Writing Workshop

by pick!! » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:30 am

ya snmriti! u could not only be the president of the club but a coupl\\\'a fans too....infact all :)
pick!!

Writing Workshop

by bang bang! » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:30 am

well to be very blunt i think fullhyd is unnecesarily overrated. it is very clear that the owner of the website has\'nt read other web pages. the writers over there are terrific. fullhyd lacks in originality. some of ur writers copy 2-3 lines from other websites.
i totally agree with lavanya. fullhyd seems to be very fond of puke bags. cut it out guys! u dont have to be deliberately funny.
bang bang!

Writing Workshop

by sudhir. » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:30 am

kishore kadiyala???????? are u the same guy who writes for the times? well! now i know who has introduced puke bags to fullhyd.
sudhir.

Writing Workshop

by pick » Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:30 am

hey smritikashyap! no offence please of u being the president of the club! infact i myself am a great fan of urs.
pick

Next         

Return to Special Interest Groups