Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Kill Bill. Bludgeon, roast and torch him also.

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Jaszalcatraz » Sun May 16, 2004 8:52 pm

Well Jabbala Rayudu and AR.....I see that you've responded to his but have not commented on my explanation.....am I to assume that you have no counters to that? Hence proving that your judgement might be flawed.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by agonys_requiem » Sun May 16, 2004 11:18 pm

Brother Jasz.... why my man why????

In response to your query..... you spoke of that one point being the magic of cinema... well brother that would have been plausible except for the fact that that one moment paved the path for the whole movie... it was the pivotal point of the story, therefore, i'd have to suspend a little more than just my imagination. your reference to trinity and the three min chopper lesson was irrelevant because matrix did not revolve around that one point... same for the alien ass busting president and your other examples.....

As for the gore.... brother it was meant to evoke anything but laughter... another supporter of the movie, little pee pee(LP) said it better than i could by quoting QT... "Sure, Kill Bill's a violent movie. But it's a Tarantino movie. You don't go to see Metallica and ask the f***ers to turn the music down" - on media criticisms of violence in his movies-------QT

Furthermore no where in any of his interviews has QT commented on the reaction that the violence in his movie is supposed to evoke.... therefore it is very safe to assume that the violence and gore was supposed to have people cringing.. which sadly wasn't the case......

I agree with you on the whole comparisons point..... but then that was never the mainstay of my argument.......

To ma sista X:

Next time round before you come here spewing your half arsed pseudo oh-look-at-me-i-know-anime bullshit, read the whole friggin thread.... no one here (me included) is dissing QT as you pointed out in the opening of your impotent reply.... we are arguing over the merits of the MOVIE KILL BILL.... i have written that in bold and hopefully it will penetrate the vastness of your stupidity.... one can only hope.... and another thing sista... having an opinion doesn't make you a critic.... its just an opinion.... everyone is allowed to have it.... even retards like you.... smile....

anyone else under the misconception that QT is being dissed.... well just go through the whole thing..... its the movie.......
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
agonys_requiem

by LP_Fan » Mon May 17, 2004 2:03 am

agonys_requiem wrote:As for the gore.... brother it was meant to evoke anything but laughter... another supporter of the movie, little pee pee(LP) said it better than i could by quoting QT... "Sure, Kill Bill's a violent movie. But it's a Tarantino movie. You don't go to see Metallica and ask the f***ers to turn the music down" - on media criticisms of violence in his movies-------QT

BTW,its little pee(LP),if its little pee pee it becomes LPP. :D

I dont care what everyone says,IMO QT ROCKS!!!! :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
LP_Fan
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Jabbala Rayudu » Mon May 17, 2004 11:42 am

Jabbala Rayudu wrote:
What's important is not that the ideas are recycled from other places, but that any paticular director puts these recycled ideas into the context of HIS creation, then they become part of his movie, and belong to both the new production and the original source.

This means that if tom. someone makes everything exactly like Kill Bill, but changes the name, then one must fall in love with that, too, eh? You tell me, would the same rational gentleman (who would not agree that shooting a guy in every movie is the same) think that this movie is also a brilliant piece of art? If he does, then, the definition of 'rational' must seriously be looked into.

Jasz... Jasz... dude, isn't this in response to your own comments? In fact, to my response, you were the one who had no response; the only thing you said being:
What's important is not that the ideas are recycled from other places, but that any paticular director puts these recycled ideas into the context of HIS creation, then they become part of his movie, and belong to both the new production and the original source.

This means that if tom. someone makes everything exactly like Kill Bill, but changes the name, then one must fall in love with that, too, eh?

I feel the flames being fanned

That isn't much of a response now, is it?

I'm not going to say things like your judgement might be wrong, because that isn't anybody's point. It's just that it becomes almost impossible for anybody who believes Kill Bill to be a bad movie, to be convinced there was absolutely any substance in it. Because there really isn't! :D
Jabbala Rayudu

by Jaszalcatraz » Mon May 17, 2004 4:22 pm

Substance??? Pray name a recent movie with substance.

That's easy you will say.

Then I'll ask you to name a recent movie that Movie Students around the world will study for a very long time.

You might come up with a few names.

Then I'll ask you to name a kvlt movie in the truest sense of the word. That's when you'd wish you were kvlt too.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by azazel » Tue May 18, 2004 12:50 am

*ignores this topic*

somethin that i would advice all KB fans .. :wink:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Habitual Perfectionist » Tue May 18, 2004 1:47 am

Hey LP, Jasz and all others out there....thanks for standing up for me over the weekend.

:mrgreen: turns his hungry eyes towards some rayudu and ar :mrgreen:

For all those who argued on the lines of originality, let me ask you this...Since every musical composition is based on the seven notes, are we to assume that no music ever composed save the first tune is an original?

For all those who argued on the lines of violence, an eye-opener. Wifey hates even slaps in movies. She's one of those Karan Johar cult followers. She sat through KB Vol 1, praised it all the way back home, made me indulge in crime (she got me to have a KB CD Written) and has even done a lot of WoM marketing for Tarantino.

And for those who dissed the Coppola parallel, just on the lighter side...is it just a coincidence that Tarantino & Sofia Coppola are an item nowadays?

And my handicap offer still stands open as I know I'm gonna kick out all KB haters to cyberdeath.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Jaszalcatraz » Tue May 18, 2004 1:03 pm

Azazel, next time you see me, give me a nice kick in my arse. No wait......make that three kicks. Kick number 1 for responding to this silly thread. Kick number two for actually pestering EroXonas to post here and kick number 3 for continuing after he advised us not to continue here.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by popesmokesdope » Tue May 18, 2004 5:59 pm

Good morning sunshine. Drop your chimpos and grab your socks. For 'tis time to play...

Like I have said before, "... Tarantino makes liberal use of shocking visual imagery and a montage effect that does not entirely rely on the script but is spontaneous, loud and impetuous but at the same time extremely beautiful. If this isn't brilliance, then I don't know what else is! If you watch a movie like 'Kill Bill' in a completely clueless mode simply because its an action flick, I guess you would find it dull, boring and one-dimensional. Anti neo-realistic cinema at its best. ".

First things first. AR, my man, I think ^^^^ should answer the chunk of your inane questions regarding the contrived scripting of the movie. The characters aren't realistic 'coz they are not not meant to be. It is about larger than life cinema, 'filmi' dialogues and forced scene progression... the way cinema is meant to be. Oversimplifying the concept - the entire movie takes place in Tarantino land, where the laws are governed as per the whims and fancies of QT, and like-wise can be said about the characters. Now if a bunch of crybabies are finding it difficult to digest the fact, then I suggest either you get punch-drunk and then watch it again, or even better, get bent and stay bent.

Now our friend Jabbala Rayudu said something like this- "Kill Bill is a collage of movies, encompasing various niche genres of cinema". Very true. The theme obviously revolves around Killing Bill. The build-up is great (obviously inspired), the characters (again derived) are robust, maniacal and amusing. The dialogues/monologues are forced at the same time witty, even cliched and has hajaar references to popular action movies of the 60's/70's, and is brilliantly accentuated by an ass-kicking soundtrack.

Like any other 'normal' urban kid, I grew up watching action movies. I'd want to watch nothing but kung-fu movies with nekkid ladies jumping around or horror/gore movies with nekkid ladies getting killed. My movie spectrum consisted of martial arts and horror, and I am sure there were a plenty to kids who just wanted to toke hell in a similar fashion. People getting squished, impaled, sheesh kabobed, decapitated and fleshtized is supposed to amuse you, and you got a problem with that, then you should stick a pencil in your eyes. Kill Bill apparently supplements these fetish, and the movie also happens to be QT's tribute to various directors/actors, whom he felt were responsible for shaping his up demented mind. This has been widely acknowlegded by fans around the world, and hence the ding-dong-band-baja about the movie, which, IMO is truly justified. Why the fans acknowledge you ask. I ask the same damn question. Nostalgia perhaps, or perhaps simple manic frenzy.

Realistic plots, philosophical ramblings and romantic overtures are for priests and suckers.

Now if you'll excuse me, in the golden words of Cartman,"Screw you guys, I am going home".
popesmokesdope

by CtrlAltDel » Tue May 18, 2004 7:17 pm

popesmokesdope wrote:Good morning sunshine. Drop your chimpos and grab your socks. For 'tis time to play...

hear...hear...!!!!

the master speaketh...!!!

well spoken Pope...!!!
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by popesmokesdope » Tue May 18, 2004 7:49 pm

Habitual Perfectionist wrote:Hey LP, Jasz and all others out there....thanks for standing up for me over the weekend.

:mrgreen: turns his hungry eyes towards some rayudu and ar :mrgreen:

For all those who argued on the lines of originality, let me ask you this...Since every musical composition is based on the seven notes, are we to assume that no music ever composed save the first tune is an original?

Dude, thats not even a point!! Musical composition does only consists of notes goddammit! There are other things which play a major role such as pitch, contour, interval, harmony, melody, timbre, rhythm blah blah blah etc etc...

Jeez man!

For all those who argued on the lines of violence, an eye-opener. Wifey hates even slaps in movies. She's one of those Karan Johar cult followers. She sat through KB Vol 1, praised it all the way back home, made me indulge in crime (she got me to have a KB CD Written) and has even done a lot of WoM marketing for Tarantino.

Dude, Jabba Rayadu garu asked a simlpe question - why do YOU like the movie? What does your wifey doing some gospelling around answers that Q? And brother, aren't we being a bit too liberal using the word 'cult' for a Karan Johar movie?!

And for those who dissed the Coppola parallel, just on the lighter side...is it just a coincidence that Tarantino & Sofia Coppola are an item nowadays?

yadda yadda yadda... who cares?

And my handicap offer still stands open as I know I'm gonna kick out all KB haters to cyberdeath.

:D.

dude, I think this is a pretty neat thread. Kicking them just because they don't like KB doesn't make any sense. Like AR said, even retards have opinions, so do closet gays with retarded barbie dolls as toys. To each his own.
popesmokesdope

by LP » Tue May 18, 2004 9:31 pm

Oh god,is this thread still going on???

Look KB haters:you cant change our minds that those movie's suck.They ROCK accocding to us(Jasz,HP,etc).So we respect your opinion and you guys reapect ours. :D

QT Fans:We cant change their minds about QT so guys drop it.QT ROCKS. :D
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
LP
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by LP » Tue May 18, 2004 9:36 pm

Jaszalcatraz wrote:Azazel, next time you see me, give me a nice kick in my arse. No wait......make that three kicks. Kick number 1 for responding to this silly thread. Kick number two for actually pestering EroXonas to post here and kick number 3 for continuing after he advised us not to continue here.

Hey can I have the same treatment from any of you guys? :D
LP
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Habitual Perfectionist » Wed May 19, 2004 1:33 am

popesmokesdope wrote:Dude, thats not even a point!! Musical composition does only consists of notes goddammit! There are other things which play a major role such as pitch, contour, interval, harmony, melody, timbre, rhythm blah blah blah etc etc...

Jeez man!

exactly my point. all you did was to paraphrase my point more clearly so that the likes of JR & AR would get it easily. Thanx for the help there.

popesmokesdope wrote:Dude, Jabba Rayadu garu asked a simlpe question - why do YOU like the movie? What does your wifey doing some gospelling around answers that Q? And brother, aren't we being a bit too liberal using the word 'cult' for a Karan Johar movie?!

If you see my post a little more clearly, you would notice that this point was put in for everyone who argued on the lines that KB was just blood and gore and nothing else. Nowhere did I say while talking about violence that I was answering Jabbala Rayudu's question.

popesmokesdope wrote:yadda yadda yadda... who cares?

Anybody who really cares about something said on the lighter side would be a crybaby.

popesmokesdope wrote:dude, I think this is a pretty neat thread. Kicking them just because they don't like KB doesn't make any sense. Like AR said, even retards have opinions, so do closet gays with retarded barbie dolls as toys. To each his own.

It was again said in a very light vein. I really can't help it if you have a sad sense of humor. I'll pray for you POPEY.

P.S. - My last post in this thread. Let it RIP.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Jaszalcatraz » Wed May 19, 2004 2:55 am

popesmokesdope wrote:dude, I think this is a pretty neat thread

I'll continue posting on this thread till I'm tired of it.

Most things I will post are my feellings after repeat viewing s of the movie or peeks at a few of my favourite scenes. Sometimes I will copy comments from other places that best express my feelings for the movie.

The drudgery of having to slog through another special effects bonanza (yawn), or a teeny-bopper romance (puke), or an animated kiddie-flick (ugh), or a gross-out comedy (frown)... All of that nonsense is made tolerable by those dozen or so films each year that show some originality, flare, passion and brilliance. It is almost guaranteed that a Tarantino film will possess those qualities and be one to remember. That's why they already have courses at major universities devoted entirely to his small repertoire of films.

I think it's a marvelous display of a genius filmmaker having delirious fun with all of his influences and showing off every ounce of talent that he can pour onto the screen. Is it as earth-shattering as 'Pulp Fiction'? No. Is it as well written as 'Pulp' or 'Reservoir Dogs'? No. 'Kill Bill' is not an example of masterpiece filmmaking. It is too silly and over-the-top for that description. But is an example of masterpiece moviemaking that very few people will ever be able to duplicate. There is a big difference between filmmaking and moviemaking, and Tarantino is a master of both.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by LP » Wed May 19, 2004 5:05 am

Guys,drop it. I am sure those guys left already and they dont care. :D
LP
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by stingrae » Wed May 19, 2004 12:04 pm

[quote="Jabbala Rayudu

It's a pity that in so many utterly frustrated and vanquished words, there was no room for a single competent sentence trying to explain just why the movie was good...[/quote]

dude...When u dont like something,why does anyone else need explain to you why they found it good or not? but heck if it wasnt for thorn-in-d-ass arguments like this ,these boards wudnta been alive.....

for wat its worth....i was totally awed by the movie....i rememberin sendin sms'es to junta at 3am in d nite sayin i had jus "witnessed cinematic perfection"...n dat it was not a movie but it was a symphony orchestrated in seeming perfection to the minutest detail......in so many ways this movie is the greatest spoof of all time....g*ddam u freeaks!!.... :lol:

n 3 cheers to all d jousts in dis thread!
I know I'm in there somewhere, and if I don't come out with my hands up, I'm going to go in there and get me!
http://payne.fullhydblogs.com
stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by popesmokesdope » Wed May 19, 2004 12:15 pm

stingrae wrote:...in so many ways this movie is the greatest spoof of all time....g*ddam u freeaks!!.... :lol:

Spoof! *cough... cough*. Could you throw me some light/torch on this? Should be interesting.
I am the ism, my hate's a prism
Let's just kill everyone and let your God sort them out
popesmokesdope

by LP » Wed May 19, 2004 12:21 pm

popesmokesdope wrote:
stingrae wrote:...in so many ways this movie is the greatest spoof of all time....g*ddam u freeaks!!.... :lol:

Spoof! *cough... cough*. Could you throw me some light/torch on this? Should be interesting.

Oh,come on. When he said spoof, He meant homage. You know all the bruce lee suit, anime, old martial arts movies, etc(I think). :D
LP
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Stingrae » Thu May 20, 2004 9:59 pm

thanks for d cover LP...!!

yep dats wt i pretty much meant..spoof as in a exaggeration of d original n done sooo dam well! d guys who dint like dis need to get more involved in cinema......let it take u for the ride it was meant to. a certain "suspension of belief" is called for here.....wtf ppl,dis is a GR8 movie!

on another note...how many of u hav watched the Animatrix?

i thot some of the movies in there were reallly good...though some were equally contrived n simply a show-off of graphics talent....
I know I'm in there somewhere, and if I don't come out with my hands up, I'm going to go in there and get me!
http://payne.fullhydblogs.com
Stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by LP » Thu May 20, 2004 10:23 pm

Stingrae wrote:thanks for d cover LP...!!

yep dats wt i pretty much meant..spoof as in a exaggeration of d original n done sooo dam well! d guys who dint like dis need to get more involved in cinema......let it take u for the ride it was meant to. a certain "suspension of belief" is called for here.....wtf ppl,dis is a GR8 movie!

on another note...how many of u hav watched the Animatrix?
i thot some of the movies in there were reallly good...though some were equally contrived n simply a show-off of graphics talent....

No problem. :D
LP
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Kill bill

by Tiger » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:24 am

For a moment, i thought it was about the techniques that can be used to kill Bill Gates. :D :lol:
Tiger

by azazel » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:49 pm

Tiger wrote:For a moment, i thought it was about the techniques that can be used to kill Bill Gates. :D :lol:

oh, how very interesting..

btw, good tht u dug this one up. since, the Vol.2 is gonna be out here pretty soon, im gonna make sure this'll be a busy thread :twisted:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by malakpetmasala » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:54 pm

azazel wrote:
Tiger wrote:For a moment, i thought it was about the techniques that can be used to kill Bill Gates. :D :lol:

oh, how very interesting..

btw, good tht u dug this one up. since, the Vol.2 is gonna be out here pretty soon, im gonna make sure this'll be a busy thread :twisted:

vol 2 is awesome!
malakpetmasala
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by azazel » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:02 pm

malakpetmasala wrote:Vol 2 is awesome!

i know.. me's seen it on a yucky vcd print. wanna have the large screen pleasure which im gonna get soon :twisted:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

PreviousNext      

Return to Special Interest Groups