Tuesday, 23 April 2024 »  Login
in

from a soon to be local

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

from a soon to be local

by Running in Hyderabad » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Hyderabad next month and wondering a few things (rather, many things) about living and running in Hyderabad.

As a woman, is it relatively safe to run around parks?

Do women wear shorts when they run? I think that's my biggest fear - that it's going to be hell-fire hot and I'll be expected to wear lycra pants - lord have mercy on me!

Are there a lot of local running clubs?

Thanks for any tips!!

-Ammi
Running in Hyderabad

Re: from a soon to be local

by digital dreamz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Running in Hyderabad wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Hyderabad next month and wondering a few things (rather, many things) about living and running in Hyderabad.

As a woman, is it relatively safe to run around parks?

Do women wear shorts when they run? I think that's my biggest fear - that it's going to be hell-fire hot and I'll be expected to wear lycra pants - lord have mercy on me!

Are there a lot of local running clubs?

Thanks for any tips!!

-Ammi

Hi Ammi,
your worry is justified but it all depends on which area you are going to stay. If you live in and around areas like begumpet, banjara, jubilee hills then it's definitely safe to jog and there is a large park near tdp office in banjarahills which is famous for elite joggers. Hyderabad is not such a bad place though... Hope you will enjoy your stay here
digital dreamz

Re: from a soon to be local

by Mithu Hiranand » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:41 pm

You must have heard the famous saying....................."WHEN U ARE IN ROME, DO AS THE ROMANS DO." So when u come to Hyd, watch your neighbourhood and do accordingly. Have a nice time...........and become a good Hyderabadi.
Mithu Hiranand

Return to Special Interest Groups