Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Swine Flu and our reaction

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Swine Flu and our reaction

by Nikhil Acharya » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 am

Swine Flu has claimed over 25 lives in India as on 17/8/09. Are we in India/Hyderabad over-reacting to the scare or is our reaction justified?
Nikhil Acharya

Re: Swine Flu and our reaction

by Varun » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:00 am

No one would like to die of swine flu, so i guess its justified .. In case one wishes to end it (not a good idea for sure), then there are better and quicker ways to do the same :) So again, its justified :)
Varun

by Neelima » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 am

It was justified coz thnx to all the info about swine flu everywhere, people are more aware of it now and they can take care of it appropriately (in terms of getting cured and also taking measures not to spread this further in case one is infected).

But I feel today, the people are over reacting and getting paranoid about it.
Neelima

by nimit » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:33 am

im happy the way ppl are reacting to Swine Flu cause one of my cousins who is studying in Pune came dn to hyd for a week cause her college got shut dn for a week as d college was being disinfected....
nimit

by wendy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 pm

the reaction is justified. however, no one can stop people from going to crowded places - theatres, melas, restaurants, etc. - especially because this is the festive season.
I believe the third wave is also set to hit, because winters are perfect hosts of viruses and such.

Have a safe and happy festive quarter!
wendy

by Recovery Bull Software » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

for living away from swine flu..... You should do

1)Wash your hands with best soap at least 5-6 times in a day.
2)Clean all the things regularly which are being touched by most peoples.
3)Consult to your doctor in any doubt of swine flu.

Thanks & Regards
Alissa
Recovery Bull Software

by PB » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:56 am

From what I hear, I have to conclude that people are too paranoid about the swine flu. Basic hygine should easily take care of prevention. Other day, I heard something about homeopathy medicines for the swine flu; for a sec. I thought the person was kidding.

1) If you sneeze/cough, please use a hand-kerchief/napkin/tissue; this is basic courtesy. If you see somebody else not using one, please offer them one and help them be courteous.
2) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and ears; if you have to, then wash with soap your hands before and after.
3) If you are down with a cough+fever, please do not go to work; call in a sick day.
4) If you work in an office, ask the housekeeping staff to clean the handles of the doors once every 2/3 hours; especially those of restrooms. May be its time to switch to hand-dryers in the restrooms?
5) Avoid eating at places of doubtful cleanliness; especially during this part of year. And this is not just for swine flu.

Best.
PB
PB

by zcrown99 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 am

I'm actually doing some research on this topic for a paper I'm writing, thank you for such helpful information!

I think not shaking hands is common courtesy when I have a cold/allergies. Often, just explaining why you wouldn't shake someones hand will even let them know that you don't want to cause them any harm but exposing them to illness that you may have. One question though, I've heard rumors that prolonged use of hand sanitizer can actually be detrimental to your health. I've heard that their use on a daily basis can actually weaken your immune system, causing MORE illness...any truth to that?

Cheers!
-Booker
zcrown99

by Swine flu 2011? » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 am

What are thoughts on swine flu now that it is 2011 and it is pretty much flu season, my girlfriend just had it!! I still think we might see a resurgence of the bug, but I hope not. Here is a way to track the flu online:

http://patients.about.com/od/h1n1swineflu/2011-Overview-And-Updates-On-Seasonal-And-H1n1-Swine-Flu.htm
Swine flu 2011?

by Keto Flu » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:26 am

In this COVID keto flu is also dangerous along with swine. Keto Flu refers to the number of different symptoms that your body experiences when you shift from a regular diet to the ketogenic one. You are shifting your body from glucose to fat for meeting the energy requirements of the body.
Keto Flu

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!