Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Anti-Corruption Fast By Anna Hazare - What do you think?

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Anti-Corruption Fast By Anna Hazare - What do you think?

by gigabyte » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

the only rewlevant fast-unto-death ever
gigabyte

Re: Anti-Corruption Fast By Anna Hazare - What do you think?

by Pradeep kumar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

It is the amazing way to abolish the corruption in hyderabad and if this is also followed by the whole country it would be useful...
Pradeep kumar

by kunal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 am

huh . fast unto death . a drama to gain media attention and thay think by doing such antics they can pressurize the government and demand anything from them . i dont think they jan lok pal bill or whatever bill they want to get passed will be of any use .. initially they will start with a bang with taking so many cases and being in media attention .. but eventually it will fail as all others have . if the government agress for this there will be atleast one step which is being taken by someone atleast for the sake of it . but suh dramas will not work like fasting etc . if you want do something by heart you will do it at whatever it takes . i think the political people who does it with heart will not show off by doing cheap publicity stunts . they will do it for the sake of it . but atleast by passing this bill we are getting a step closer to reduce the corruption . any step which is good for the country is a good step .
kunal

by shyama » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 am

it feels good that someone has taken a stand against anti-corruption but along with it feel sad ,among billion of population a senior indian has taken a stand

when only every one indian unite than only we can completly demolish corruption from our system , for a aam aadmi to do any kind of work he has to pay someone or the other a bribe in which at last after completion of work he has left with nothing..

india need more like aana hazare to join the revolt againt corruption.....
shyama

by arun » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 am

anna hazare a 72 year old man began a fast unto death . it is a shame to the young generation in politics . he being an old is doing something too stop the corruption . the bill passed or not is different thing but being an old man he took a stand on something which the country is facing since ages . the bill passed or not , will always appreciate his efforts . the government is corrupted so what can the government do for corruption . he being a social activist is trying to stop something which is common everywhere from a pune to politician . i think the government should atleast pass the bill . i think atleast by this the corruption will be decreased . anna haazare we are with you but dont spoil your health for the thing is not going to stop anytime .. but we still appreciate your efforts
arun

by akmal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

But eradicating corruption is not enough to sustain a country.

I think this is a core problem of attitude when talking about corruption , the corrupt are not a distinct group of people.
akmal

by akmal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

dont count my previous comment as i did a mistake with my id . consider this one

But eradicating corruption is not enough to sustain a country.

I think this is a core problem of attitude when talking about corruption , the corrupt are not a distinct group of people
akmal

by abdullah khan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:53 pm

eteran social activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday began a fast unto death in the capital demanding enactment of a comprehensive Jan Lokpal Bill to give wider powers to Ombudsman to check corruption. Joined by scores of people including noted reformist Swami Agnivesh, former IPS officer and ac

related stories

Modi supports Hazare's demand for Lokpal bill

Anna Hazare supporters in Maharashtra on hunger strike

tivist

Kiran Bedi and Magsaysay award winner Sandeep Pandey, 72-year-old Hazare began his hunger strike at Jantar Mantar after paying tributes to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat.

"I will observe fast-unto-death till the government agrees to form a joint committee comprising 50% officials and the remaining citizens and intellectuals to draft the Jan Lokpal Bill," Hazare said at Rajghat.

He then proceeded to India Gate in an open jeep where tricolour waving supporters, including school students were present.

Hazare went ahead with his agitation despite the Prime Minister's Office last night expressing disappointment over his decision to go on fast unto death. The PMO release said that the Prime Minister has enormous respect for Hazare and his mission.

"The Prime Minister says we trust you (Hazare), we respect you. But, then why did the PM not sit with us even once after the meeting last month," Hazare said.

The anti-corruption crusader said he was disappointed after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had in the last meeting with social activists over the proposed law to tackle corruption rejected their demand for a joint committee.

"If the government alone drafts this bill, it will be autocratic not democratic, there will be discrepancies," Hazare, who has observed fast to protest against corruption many times in the past too, said.

He lamented that views of eminent persons like Justice (Retd) Santosh Hegde, lawyer Prashant Bhushan and Agnivesh "were not considered important by the government".

Janata Dal (United) chief Sharad Yadav, who was present to show solidarty with Hazare, said he was convinced that the Jan Lokpal Bill was the need of the hour to tackle corruption in the country.

"Just as Election Commission and Supreme Court are effective bodies, similarly an institution which is to fight corruption has to be equally powerful," Yadav said

"I approve of the draft prepared by Hazareji and others. I am willing to back it in Parliament," Yadav said.
abdullah khan

A few participants on this forum just got lucky!

by fullhyd.com » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Hello,

We'd like to interrupt this forum briefly, to announce that 3 participants just got lucky and have won 2 passes each to a movie at Prasads Imax.

arun
shyama
kunal

Congratulations! You have all been mailed details of your passes.

Cheers
The fullhyd.com Team

PS: Winners have been picked by chance, and not based on the content of their posts, However, posts with content copied from other sources were disqualified from entering the contest.
fullhyd.com

by resinwala.com » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 pm

huh . fast unto death . a drama to gain media attention and thay think by doing such antics they can pressurize the government and demand anything from them . i dont think they jan lok pal bill or whatever bill they want to get passed will be of any use .. initially they will start with a bang with taking so many cases and being in media attention .. but eventually it will fail as all others have .
:roll:

Sir Anna Hazare is not some bollywood/tollywood starlet to indulge in such "dramas". At his age he does not need any publicity.

Please visit http://www.annahazare.org/index.html to get the facts right.

You will then appreciate the long struggle this TALL man has done & what he has achieved.

The RTI Act is in existence because of Sir.Anna Hazare.
resinwala.com

by We support Anna Hazare » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm

We support Anna Hazare, stop giving bribes to government officials, stop corruption in the lower grades, and yes a bill must be passed on Anti-corruption.
We support Anna Hazare

by teliraja » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Corruption is as old as Prostitution.

HOWEVER , the movement started by Anna against corruption is commendable and a noble deed.

Let me take the example of my state Andhra Pradesh.

It is recognised as one of the most corrupt states in the country. The reason being cultural, ethical and moral penury. The people of my state, unfortunately, are very materialistic ( more than the rest of the country average) who believe in making money at any cost.

The Dowry system in AP is the worst form of cultural and societal corruption.

Politicians in AP set records in corruption.

The Government servants are one of the worst pests.

The irony is that the higher the educational status and background of the person, higher the level of corruption.

The only solution to this is a CLEANSING OFTHE COMMON MAN FROM WITHIN TO ENSURE MORAL PROBITY AND HIGH ETHICS.

YOU CANNOT REMOVE CORRUPTION BY PASSING BILLS AND ESTABLISHING MORE AUTHORITIES WHO ARE GIVEN A CHANCE TO MAKE MORE MONEY.

EVERY PERSON SHOULD REALISE THAT BEING CORRUPT IS BEING A THIEF IN HIS OWN HOUSE, CITY, COUNTRY.
teliraja

by Pradeep Ch » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:15 pm

TeliRaja..

That is awesome dude .. ;)

But.., dont patronize Yourself Too Much .. ;)
Pradeep Ch

by teliraja » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Pradeep

I did not understand your last remark in your message. Could you pl elaborate/explain.

OK getting back to Annaji's crusade against corruption, I am sure there is not a single soul in the country who will not back him.
But the problem is that everyone offers only lip service and does very little to put it into practice.

Public memory is too short and every movement serves like a Fad or fashion. People consider it a fashion to associate with worthy cause just to show off to their neighbours or in their society. But when it comes to real action or implementation, all is forgotten.

For instance, the common man who supports this movement would not hesitate to offer a bribe to some politician or Government servant to get his job done.

My only pitch is that Corruption should be treated like AIDS or Cancer disease. It should be nipped in the bud and not allowed to spread across the country.

There should be no justification of any kind for taking bribes and it should be treated with ZERO TOLERANCE.
teliraja

by Pradeep Ch » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 pm

I thnk That There Should be a corruption day once a Year -
IN Such a Day.., Corruption Will Be Allowed Fully n TotallY From Top To Bottom All The Way \

This way The greed of the public is Sort of Taken Care nice \

If You Try to Acheive A Corruption Less Society All the Time n All the Days Of Years-
People BEcome Neurosis-

People Should Be Allowed To TAke Bribe Atleast On That Single DaY-
That Way People who Dont take Bribe Will Be Happy Too \

Teliraja -

I guess I liked Your first post , i think i was sort of Flattering.. :twisted:
Pradeep Ch

by Anna Hazare » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:00 pm

:) :) :)
Anna Hazare

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!