Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

The movie Lagaan is just bullshit .

Quizzing? Movies? Music? Tech? Cricket? God? Whatever your interests be, there are hundreds of your alter-egos on fullhyd.com - it's a whole city out there!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Mahesh » Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:30 am

Mahesh

by Mahesh » Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:30 am

The movie Lagaan is just bullshit. It should get the award as \"Bullshit of Bullshits\". Amongst Aamir flops, I will rate this on top. I carry very high opinion about Aamir Khan as an actor. But Mr. perfectionist (Aamir) has been just direction less, perfection less in this movie. Only the stupid Indian audience and the more stupid media can make such flops a success. The game of cricket has been made to look very cheap in this movie. Cricket could have been shown in much more decent ground and with much better players and in more professional way. You can not expect Mochi, Nai, Dhobi etc., (Cobbler, Hair Cutter, Washerman etc.,) to become cricketers in 3 months and beat the whites. It is just not realistic. The selection of story line, the location, the farmer actors have just been mediocre and non-sense. But what to do. In India we have the majority of the movie going audience who are brainless and instead with full of shit in their heads. And the movie makers clearly exploit these thoughtless brains. Our audience just do not understand what is a good movie and what is a bad movie. Most of the times they make a flop movie a hit and a hit movie a flop. And to do this the makers also do intelligent publicity. Internet is further supporting the cause of a flop movie being made a hit. sify.com, indya.com, rediff.com etc., have no other business but to do this kind of cheap publicity. I wonder these portals must be paid handsomely by these movie makers. And this is just what Aamir seems to have done for his Lagaan. The way media and web portals have been harping in praise of Lagaan is a clear indication of movie makers using intelligent publicity and exploiting the masses. For the last 10 years, I have been always waiting for some movies to be announced as flops as on many occasions I have found that the movies which the Indian audience claims as flops turn out to be excellent movies. And some movies that are termed as super duper hits by the audience and media, turn out to be just disasters. Talking once again about Lagaan, Aamir seems to have shown the gully cricket (street cricket) in the movie. None can justify where the bloody 25 crores of rupees went. Certainly in publicity. As the movie that has to be amongst the list of worst flops of all times has strangely found the place amongst the list of 6 all time hits. Our stupid people who can make lord Ganesha drink the milk can do anything. It is nothing but the Bhed Chaal (Sheep Walk). When 100 stupid people talk good about some thing, then the 101th wise person doesn\'t dare to talk bad about that. As he fears others ridiculing him. And this then becomes the masses opinion and hysteria. Oh God ! when will you give brain to the people of this country.
Mahesh

by Sanjay Sarda » Sun Aug 26, 2001 12:30 am

I agree with you Mahesh. There is nothing as such in Lagaan to be called as hit movie. This is really a tragedy in India. The people just have no common sense. Hardly you find the people who have the intellect to rate the movie or an actor or an actress. The audience mostly comprises of riksewaale, autowaale, taxiwaale, thelewaale, kelewaale, ye waale, vo waale, ye saale vo saale. This uneducated mass of people form the opinion. I remember Sunil Gavaskar once commenting about the Indian Movies. Gavaskar had said that Indian moives are made for the masses by the asses. But I would differ with Gavaskar. What Gavaskar said was 2 decades before. When I look at the stupid generation of the present I would say that Indian movies are made by the movie bosses for the asses (audience). We made Kumar Gaurav super star after Love Story and then dumped him. The error was not in Dumping. The error was in calling him a super star after ibe move, where in fact he was not even a star. This has been happening in Indian politics and movies for a long time. And for all this public is to be blamed. The recent case I remember is of Hrithik Roshan. He was made a Super Star just after one movie. The whole country went crazy for him. And I knew that Hrithik is going to be another Kumar Gaurav in the making. There was no talent evident from him from his movie Kaho Naa Pyar Hai. Other than the dance, there was no other talent visible from him. He had no dialogue delivery, no humour, no indian looks. How can you rate some one just on the basis of dance. Here the same mass hysteria happened as you right said that happened with the offering of milk to lord ganesh and the believing in the lord\'s intake of the offerings. After this episode, I wrote to Guinees Book of World Records to add a record in their books about a country getting fooled on a mass scale, and there, rate India on Top.I Understand from them that they are still looking into the facts and there is possibility that such a record will go to India\'s credit. We should not be ashamed. We deserve this. It is a tragedy that this so called stupid audience made some super duper hit movies as flops viz., Mera Naam Joker, Sadma, Lamhe, Tum Bin etc.,
Sanjay Sarda

by Guest » Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:30 am

Nice write, I beleive it will wake the masses of India, and know the facts and factors of any movie in general. Please write more in an around the themes for the similar topics.

Best regards

Sanjay

by the mavericks » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:30 am

some people feel like intellectualls just be disagreeing wo some thing the rest of worls agrees on.....the entire india liked the movie...some many people can`t be fools...there has to eb something good in the movie...right?...and yes there are a lot of things good in the movie..may be you have seen the movie with a preconceived notion that you will declare it bad!...or may be you know that its a goos film...u just don`t wanna show it ....for style may be!
the mavericks

by Prakup » Thu Oct 11, 2001 12:30 am

Dear Mahesh. Let me at the outset commend you on the excellent diatribe! You powerfully put across your disgust for the movie Lagaan, and in doing so, expressed hatred for most of the big budget films. But I have a query for you. Why is it difficult for you to accept the fact that you opinion may differ from that of others? When you claim that for the past ten years you have been waiting for movies to be declared hits or flops and when the reverse happened, didn\'t you for a moment factor the fact that your taste may be widely off the mark? Maybe you have a sense of perception and appreciation that does not match that of the average Indian! In any case, I disagree with you about the movie. I for one thought it was a well-made film by any standards. While you are welcome to think otherwise and even to write about your dislike otherwise, I sure hope you don\'t end your diatribe with statements that query the intelligence of our fellow citizens!
Prakup

by Nick » Thu Oct 18, 2001 12:30 am

I think its time to discuss something really useful....
Nick

by Raman » Sun Dec 09, 2001 12:30 am

The 3 plus hours of lagaan was worth every minute in my opinion. It is one of the better moview ever made in Bollywood. Most people I know that have a passion for movies and hindi in particular are in agreement with me. Raman
Raman

Re: The movie Lagaan is just bullshit .

by Andrewr » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 pm

What is Lagaan and why do you think that it is bull shit?
I read it wrong and thought it was Logan and did not understand at the beginning, but now I see that these are two different films.
What is Lagaan and why do you think that it is bull shit?
I read it wrong and thought it was Logan and did not understand at the beginning, but now I see that these are two different films.
Andrewr

Return to Special Interest Groups